Solo Brass
SWAM Solo Brass Beta Testing

This is a space for Beta Testers that applied to SWAM Solo Brass Beta Program to share their feebacks, especially with other Beta Testers.

NOTE: this is NOT a replacement for the Test Report form provided with the instructions for the beta testing.

This is a space for Beta Testers that applied to SWAM Solo Brass Beta Program to share their feebacks, especially with other Beta Testers. **NOTE**: this is NOT a replacement for the Test Report form provided with the instructions for the beta testing.

SWAM Brass has a lot of new parameters and is a great product that excites you with the potential for flexibility.

However, I realized that I needed to understand the properties of the parameters carefully before performing the operation to get the expression I wanted.

Mechanical graph input is not recommended as it is a product with full physical modeling. It can be said that a physical controller such as a breath controller is required more than previous products.
I think the control difficulty is SWAM Woodwinds <Strings ≦ Brass.

SWAM Brass includes noise-related settings that become noticeable depending on the expression value, and parameters (Dynamic Sensitivity) that correspond to bow pressure in SWAM Strings.
I'm glad that the range of sound creation is much wider, but controlling only the expression, vibrato, and pitch bend values ​​may not be enough. (Same for all SWAM series)

The tone itself has a bright overall impression, and even bass instruments can easily produce thick and powerful sounds. However, it seems that it is necessary to adjust the settings in order to produce a somewhat muffled sound peculiar to instruments.
Auto Expression, which was also included in SWAM Woodwinds, seems to be somewhat useful, but I would like to have a little more change in my desire.

In the future, I would like to be able to control individual harmonics in terms of tone creation. (Like Modartt's Pianoteq, famous for its physical modeling pianos)

The valve / slide humanize (randomize) function is also wonderful. I felt that there was still some room for improvement in operability and behavior, but it is a good point to be able to easily add natural player fluctuations.

Since the behavior of vibrato is different from previous products, I felt that it was necessary to devise mapping settings for playing, but once I got used to it, there was no problem.
It's great that the mappings are very flexible and easy to understand visually. I appreciate it.

Regarding effects, it was only Reverb Time & Mix in v2, but I'm very happy that v3 is now able to make more effects.
I hope it will be installed on other products in the future.

Overall, I think v3 will be a great update for performers.
There is still room for improvement in the beta version, but it is easier to change parameters by touching the GUI, and the operability has been improved.

This product is full of possibilities, but it doesn't benefit from just changing the parameters like some other "sound software".
It seems that it is necessary to make the method of treating as "instrument" widely recognized.
It is most difficult to establish a control method, so I would like to enjoy not only easy-to-use presets, but also a mapping method tailored to each instrument.

SWAM Brass has a lot of new parameters and is a great product that excites you with the potential for flexibility. However, I realized that I needed to understand the properties of the parameters carefully before performing the operation to get the expression I wanted. Mechanical graph input is not recommended as it is a product with full physical modeling. It can be said that a physical controller such as a breath controller is required more than previous products. I think the control difficulty is SWAM Woodwinds &lt;Strings ≦ Brass. SWAM Brass includes noise-related settings that become noticeable depending on the expression value, and parameters (Dynamic Sensitivity) that correspond to bow pressure in SWAM Strings. I&#039;m glad that the range of sound creation is much wider, but controlling only the expression, vibrato, and pitch bend values ​​may not be enough. (Same for all SWAM series) The tone itself has a bright overall impression, and even bass instruments can easily produce thick and powerful sounds. However, it seems that it is necessary to adjust the settings in order to produce a somewhat muffled sound peculiar to instruments. Auto Expression, which was also included in SWAM Woodwinds, seems to be somewhat useful, but I would like to have a little more change in my desire. In the future, I would like to be able to control individual harmonics in terms of tone creation. (Like Modartt&#039;s Pianoteq, famous for its physical modeling pianos) The valve / slide humanize (randomize) function is also wonderful. I felt that there was still some room for improvement in operability and behavior, but it is a good point to be able to easily add natural player fluctuations. Since the behavior of vibrato is different from previous products, I felt that it was necessary to devise mapping settings for playing, but once I got used to it, there was no problem. It&#039;s great that the mappings are very flexible and easy to understand visually. I appreciate it. Regarding effects, it was only Reverb Time &amp; Mix in v2, but I&#039;m very happy that v3 is now able to make more effects. I hope it will be installed on other products in the future. Overall, I think v3 will be a great update for performers. There is still room for improvement in the beta version, but it is easier to change parameters by touching the GUI, and the operability has been improved. This product is full of possibilities, but it doesn&#039;t benefit from just changing the parameters like some other &quot;sound software&quot;. It seems that it is necessary to make the method of treating as &quot;instrument&quot; widely recognized. It is most difficult to establish a control method, so I would like to enjoy not only easy-to-use presets, but also a mapping method tailored to each instrument.
edited Jan 28 at 1:26 pm

Hi everybody!

Yesterday we released Beta 2.5. We have considered all beta testers reports and we made a HUGE improvement... at least in our opinion. Please tell us if you feel the same!

@sodden thanks for your report! In Beta 2.5 you will see several requests satisfied.
As for individual harmonics control, take into account that Pianoteq uses a different technique for Physical Modeling that is natively based on harmonics (Modal Synthesis). We need to add specific filters tuned on harmonics that waste CPU power. Maybe we will add them in future, of course with a switch to activate them (disabled by default).

Hi everybody! Yesterday we released Beta 2.5. We have considered all beta testers reports and we made a HUGE improvement... at least in our opinion. Please tell us if you feel the same! @sodden thanks for your report! In Beta 2.5 you will see several requests satisfied. As for individual harmonics control, take into account that Pianoteq uses a different technique for Physical Modeling that is natively based on harmonics (Modal Synthesis). We need to add specific filters tuned on harmonics that waste CPU power. Maybe we will add them in future, of course with a switch to activate them (disabled by default).
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft