Camelot
Local on/off

Hi Team!
As far as I see the local on/off switch is global. Why don't assign it to scenes? I have some songs where I use Camelot only for sound- switching, others where I redirect the keybord to a sound source.

Greets
Wilhelm

Hi Team! As far as I see the local on/off switch is global. Why don't assign it to scenes? I have some songs where I use Camelot only for sound- switching, others where I redirect the keybord to a sound source. Greets Wilhelm

Hi @Wilhelm because it is conceptually a "global" property. Also, we cannot know if the keyboard takes some time to switch from local on to local off.

The solution is very simple: set it to local off, and when you need it as MIDI controller, just select it as MIDI Input on the Layer where the generators are.

If you really need to change Local control from one Scene to another, just add a MIDI Program -> Advanced and add the MIDI message corresponding to the Local control you need. Most devices respond to standard MIDI CC 122, others need a SysEx message.

Best!

Hi @Wilhelm because it is conceptually a "global" property. Also, we cannot know if the keyboard takes some time to switch from local on to local off. The solution is very simple: set it to local off, and when you need it as MIDI controller, just select it as MIDI Input on the Layer where the generators are. If you really need to change Local control from one Scene to another, just add a MIDI Program -> Advanced and add the MIDI message corresponding to the Local control you need. Most devices respond to standard MIDI CC 122, others need a SysEx message. Best!
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft