Solo Brass
Feature request: lock\unlock & Save/load for specific setting group

Thank you Swam team for your amazing work on Swam brass and all my favourite swam instruments. A feature that I recommend to add to SWAM UX and possibly Camelot (haven’t tested or used yet Camelot) is the ability to have small lock\unlock button near any setting group, so when I change a preset I can choose if that group settings are persistent or change based on what was saved in the factory/user preset. It also would be great if we can save/load presets for different sections separately (e.g. effect and pitch sections), Something similar is already implemented in Pianotech and it is super helpful. Pianotech has a different setting sections groups for EQ, Reverb, velocity curves, etc. It allows me to easily set a detailed velocity curve for a specific keyboard, lock down that and then switch to different instruments preset, knowing that the midi input curve is going stay, based on the lock\unlock bottom status. I can also save/load presets for specific sections which saved lots of tweaking time.
Swam brass already have different setting sections and I noticed all midi mappings stays locked, while the rest of settings (pitch, effects etc.) are modified when i change to another user/factory preset, but I have no control of what is locked or change, or the ability to save/load settings of just one area. This is creating some strange issues: when I mapped dirtiness and breath noise to a midi controller cc message, when I changed preset that mapping is still in effect, so I don’t hear the factory preset sound as intended since my midi mappings have overwritten the dirtiness and breath noise of the preset, as soon as I started playing. The opposite issue also happened: where I setup specific reverb or EQ settings that I love, I lose it completely when I change presets.
I hope above is clear. Let me know if there are any part I didn’t explain well.
Looking forward to test and play with Swam on iOS soon.
Kobi

Thank you Swam team for your amazing work on Swam brass and all my favourite swam instruments. A feature that I recommend to add to SWAM UX and possibly Camelot (haven’t tested or used yet Camelot) is the ability to have small lock\unlock button near any setting group, so when I change a preset I can choose if that group settings are persistent or change based on what was saved in the factory/user preset. It also would be great if we can save/load presets for different sections separately (e.g. effect and pitch sections), Something similar is already implemented in Pianotech and it is super helpful. Pianotech has a different setting sections groups for EQ, Reverb, velocity curves, etc. It allows me to easily set a detailed velocity curve for a specific keyboard, lock down that and then switch to different instruments preset, knowing that the midi input curve is going stay, based on the lock\unlock bottom status. I can also save/load presets for specific sections which saved lots of tweaking time. Swam brass already have different setting sections and I noticed all midi mappings stays locked, while the rest of settings (pitch, effects etc.) are modified when i change to another user/factory preset, but I have no control of what is locked or change, or the ability to save/load settings of just one area. This is creating some strange issues: when I mapped dirtiness and breath noise to a midi controller cc message, when I changed preset that mapping is still in effect, so I don’t hear the factory preset sound as intended since my midi mappings have overwritten the dirtiness and breath noise of the preset, as soon as I started playing. The opposite issue also happened: where I setup specific reverb or EQ settings that I love, I lose it completely when I change presets. I hope above is clear. Let me know if there are any part I didn’t explain well. Looking forward to test and play with Swam on iOS soon. Kobi
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft