User demos
my SWAM Violin demo 16

I feel that the violin sound is a bit more realistic than before.
I'm looking forward to SWAM V3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HF5VOaMpS4

violin model:Firenze S2
Bow Gesture:Expression

piano:Heavyocity ASCEND
cello:Cinematic Studio Solo Strings

Mizuki

I feel that the violin sound is a bit more realistic than before. I'm looking forward to SWAM V3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HF5VOaMpS4 violin model:Firenze S2 Bow Gesture:Expression piano:Heavyocity ASCEND cello:Cinematic Studio Solo Strings Mizuki

Thank you for posting another great violin demonstration. One of your earlier pieces actually inspired me to buy the SWAM strings some time ago!
Any reason why you do not use the SWAM Cello for this piece?

Thank you for posting another great violin demonstration. One of your earlier pieces actually inspired me to buy the SWAM strings some time ago! Any reason why you do not use the SWAM Cello for this piece?

@hlangebrake
Thank you! I'm glad to hear that.
The reason is simple: I haven't bought SWAM cello yet because there are too many issues to improve the expression of the violin. If I am satisfied with the expression of the violin, I would like to buy it. SWAM violin has great potential.

Mizuki

@hlangebrake Thank you! I'm glad to hear that. The reason is simple: I haven't bought SWAM cello yet because there are too many issues to improve the expression of the violin. If I am satisfied with the expression of the violin, I would like to buy it. SWAM violin has great potential. Mizuki

I have noticed through all violin models and sound settings, that the pitch area around c#'' is the weakest and most unnatural of the violin. With your experience using the violin, do you share a similar view and have you identified other weak spots?

The sound of the cello is a lot easier to control compared to the violin, at least from my experience. I will upload a contextual demo and post it on this forum.

I have noticed through all violin models and sound settings, that the pitch area around c#'' is the weakest and most unnatural of the violin. With your experience using the violin, do you share a similar view and have you identified other weak spots? The sound of the cello is a lot easier to control compared to the violin, at least from my experience. I will upload a contextual demo and post it on this forum.

As for the pitch of the violin, I've never really bothered with it because I often deliberately shift it slightly to make it more realistic. Thank you for your new findings.
I don't know if it can be called a weak point, but I still can't get the realism of the tone of the G and D strings right. (I didn't use it much in this song, though.)
Whereas a live performance or good recording heard in a concert hall will change the characteristics of the overtones due to distance and air attenuation, the SWAM Violin is like a close recording, as if recorded in an anechoic chamber, with almost no attenuation or change in overtones. The difference from the real sampling instruments is evident on the G and D strings in general.
Unless the SWAM has a function to simulate the listening position of the instrument and the distance of the microphone, I think it is difficult to solve the problem.
I'm looking forward to your cello demo.smile

Mizuki

As for the pitch of the violin, I've never really bothered with it because I often deliberately shift it slightly to make it more realistic. Thank you for your new findings. I don't know if it can be called a weak point, but I still can't get the realism of the tone of the G and D strings right. (I didn't use it much in this song, though.) Whereas a live performance or good recording heard in a concert hall will change the characteristics of the overtones due to distance and air attenuation, the SWAM Violin is like a close recording, as if recorded in an anechoic chamber, with almost no attenuation or change in overtones. The difference from the real sampling instruments is evident on the G and D strings in general. Unless the SWAM has a function to simulate the listening position of the instrument and the distance of the microphone, I think it is difficult to solve the problem. I'm looking forward to your cello demo.:) Mizuki
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft