Solo Woodwinds
Option to purchase single instruments

It would be nice to have an option to purchase single woodwind-instruments, for exemple only the oboe instead of the four double reeds as a package.
Within the strings you may buy a violin, a cello, why not giving this option within the woodwind-family?

It would be nice to have an option to purchase single woodwind-instruments, for exemple only the oboe instead of the four double reeds as a package. Within the strings you may buy a violin, a cello, why not giving this option within the woodwind-family?

Hi @windplayer, thanks for pointing out this topic.

There are a few reasons why the Woodwinds products have been grouped by "families".

We started selling our products in 2011 with "Ms Sax S" (Soprano Sax). It was a single instrument, and the aim at that time was to complete the "The Sax Brothers" bundle made on Kontakt by Stefano Lucato in collaboration with Mr. Tommasini.

As soon as we implemented the other saxophones with the SWAM technology, we started selling instruments grouped by families. At that time, each instrument had a different license key. Moreover, a user received two keys for each instrument, because a key could be activated just once (i.e. on a computer). Result: the user had to manage 8 keys for just one product!

We soon changed the authorization scheme so that a single key unlocked 4 instruments at once. The user had to manage just 2 keys, instead of 8.

Last year, we made another improvement. A single key is now capable of authorizing all the instruments of a product twice, i.e. on two systems, and the user can manage its authorizations by itself from the Customer Portal.

Summarizing: the reason to have the woodwinds grouped by families is simplicity. Also, it would be difficult to sell a Contrabassoon or a Piccolo alone, while including them in a family they have the same dignity as the other "brothers".

Solo String instruments have a different genesis. The effort to create pure physical modeled instruments that sound and behave so realistic required a lot of effort; the release of each Solo String instrument has been spread over two years. Also, each "brother" has more chances to be used alone in a project.

Finally, given the effort put in the research and development of the models, the price for the Solo Strings family has to be higher than a Woodwinds family, and we decided to offer the user the chance to buy them separately, instead of forcing the customer to buy it at once.

That's why the Solo Strings instruments can be purchased separately.

Cheers!
Emanuele

Hi @windplayer, thanks for pointing out this topic. There are a few reasons why the Woodwinds products have been grouped by "families". We started selling our products in 2011 with "Ms Sax S" (Soprano Sax). It was a single instrument, and the aim at that time was to complete the "The Sax Brothers" bundle made on Kontakt by Stefano Lucato in collaboration with Mr. Tommasini. As soon as we implemented the other saxophones with the SWAM technology, we started selling instruments grouped by families. At that time, each instrument had a different license key. Moreover, a user received two keys for each instrument, because a key could be activated just once (i.e. on a computer). Result: the user had to manage 8 keys for just one product! We soon changed the authorization scheme so that a single key unlocked 4 instruments at once. The user had to manage just 2 keys, instead of 8. Last year, we made another improvement. A single key is now capable of authorizing all the instruments of a product twice, i.e. on two systems, and the user can manage its authorizations by itself from the [Customer Portal](https://my.audiomodeling.com "Customer Portal"). Summarizing: the reason to have the woodwinds grouped by families is simplicity. Also, it would be difficult to sell a Contrabassoon or a Piccolo alone, while including them in a family they have the same dignity as the other "brothers". Solo String instruments have a different genesis. The effort to create pure physical modeled instruments that sound and behave so realistic required a lot of effort; the release of each Solo String instrument has been spread over two years. Also, each "brother" has more chances to be used alone in a project. Finally, given the effort put in the research and development of the models, the price for the Solo Strings family has to be higher than a Woodwinds family, and we decided to offer the user the chance to buy them separately, instead of forcing the customer to buy it at once. That's why the Solo Strings instruments can be purchased separately. Cheers! Emanuele

Hello Emanuele,

thanks for your detailed answer. I understand your reasons.

Hello Emanuele, thanks for your detailed answer. I understand your reasons.
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft