Solo Brass
Solo Brass v1.5 - questions for AM team

Hi guys

1. Is the Solo Brass v1.5 update safe to install without erasing settings? i.e. the 1.0.1. update wiped presets
  2. Why don't owners get notifications about product updates? The only reason I know about the v1.5 update is because this update is listed in the KVR Audio Weekly Newsletter! There's no mention of the update on this forum and also no mention on the AM homepage under the Product Updates section. This isn't the first time that I've found out about AM updates via the KVR Audio Weekly Newsletter and it's a bit frustrating as an owner who paid a lot of money for AM products not to be notified about updates.
Hi guys 1. Is the Solo Brass v1.5 update safe to install without erasing settings? i.e. the 1.0.1. update wiped presets 2. Why don't owners get notifications about product updates? The only reason I know about the v1.5 update is because this update is listed in the KVR Audio Weekly Newsletter! There's no mention of the update on this forum and also no mention on the AM homepage under the Product Updates section. This isn't the first time that I've found out about AM updates via the KVR Audio Weekly Newsletter and it's a bit frustrating as an owner who paid a lot of money for AM products not to be notified about updates.
edited Jul 21 at 9:59 am

Hi @Maddcow

1. Yes, we have fixed that issue.
  2. Indeed, we sent the Newsletter to all our Customers. Be sure you have opted for receiving Newsletters in your profile on your Customer Portal account. Notice that with GDPR we cannot absolutely send emails to whom opted out. If you see that the option is selected, please check your SPAM folder. If you do not see the message in your SPAM folder, please contact our Support at support@audiomodeling.com and they will try to check why you did not receive the message.
Hi @Maddcow 1. Yes, we have fixed that issue. 2. Indeed, we sent the Newsletter to all our Customers. Be sure you have opted for receiving Newsletters in your profile on your Customer Portal account. Notice that with GDPR we cannot absolutely send emails to whom opted out. If you see that the option is selected, please check your SPAM folder. If you do not see the message in your SPAM folder, please contact our Support at [support@audiomodeling.com](http://mailto:support@audiomodeling.com) and they will try to check why you did not receive the message.

Ah, ok. I hadn't realised that I need to opt in for newsletters and have now checked this option in my profile. Thanks!

Ah, ok. I hadn't realised that I need to opt in for newsletters and have now checked this option in my profile. Thanks!

If you're using Solo Brass with Gigperformer, updating to v1.5 will erase all of your settings and put the default instruments in their place. I've let Emanuele know about this and am sending communications from Gigperformer to him.

These are the best acoustic modeling instruments in the history of the world but its critical that you save every setting before you update unless you have them saved as user files. You still need to figure out which of your user files go where in your gigperformer configuration so take lots of photos. If you have all of that you can reload and remap. I learned the hard way and lost months of work!!!

If you're using Solo Brass with Gigperformer, updating to v1.5 will erase all of your settings and put the default instruments in their place. I've let Emanuele know about this and am sending communications from Gigperformer to him. These are the best acoustic modeling instruments in the history of the world but its critical that you save every setting before you update unless you have them saved as user files. You still need to figure out which of your user files go where in your gigperformer configuration so take lots of photos. If you have all of that you can reload and remap. I learned the hard way and lost months of work!!!

@bux honestly, we are still analyzing the issue.

Please wait until our developers have completed their analysis.

Best!

@bux honestly, we are still analyzing the issue. Please wait until our developers have completed their analysis. Best!

Hi @admin. Just checking if you sent out an email re. the v1.5.1 update for SWAM Brass? If so, I didn't receive it and I've opted into Newsletters in my profile. This isn't a nag....I just wanted to check that things are now working properly with my account and update notifications.

Hi @admin. Just checking if you sent out an email re. the v1.5.1 update for SWAM Brass? If so, I didn't receive it and I've opted into Newsletters in my profile. This isn't a nag....I just wanted to check that things are now working properly with my account and update notifications.

@Maddcow could you please check your email, I've sent a PM.

Best,
Emanuele

@Maddcow could you please check your email, I've sent a PM. Best, Emanuele
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft