Solo Brass
Mulitple hardware controllers?

Greetings,

I just downloaded/installed SWAM trumpets. So far I'm really excited. I'm using a Roli Seaboard. I haven't figured everything out yet, but am encouraged. The sound is excellent.

The Roli has a ton of control usability. Am wondering if multiple controllers can be used, as in a breath controller, if I saw the need?

Thx

Greetings, I just downloaded/installed SWAM trumpets. So far I'm really excited. I'm using a Roli Seaboard. I haven't figured everything out yet, but am encouraged. The sound is excellent. The Roli has a ton of control usability. Am wondering if multiple controllers can be used, as in a breath controller, if I saw the need? Thx

As Audio Modeling seems to have a close relation with Roli, I am sure that it will be easy to set up the SWAM trumpet to work perfectly with the Seaboard.
I do have a Seaboard 49 and sometimes use it with the SWAM Cello (and also with the Sample Modeling Violin).
I also use the SWAM Flute and the Sample Modeling Trumpet with the TEC BBC v2 Breath controller. I found that string sound are better playable with the Seaboards, while wind instruments sound more natural with the breath controller.
-Michael

As Audio Modeling seems to have a close relation with Roli, I am sure that it will be easy to set up the SWAM trumpet to work perfectly with the Seaboard. I do have a Seaboard 49 and sometimes use it with the SWAM Cello (and also with the Sample Modeling Violin). I also use the SWAM Flute and the Sample Modeling Trumpet with the TEC BBC v2 Breath controller. I found that string sound are better playable with the Seaboards, while wind instruments sound more natural with the breath controller. -Michael

@gooddog thanks for your excitement!

Of course, you can select multiple controllers to control SWAM. For example you may want to control Expression with a breath controller and use the Seaboard to control notes, pitch-bend on X-axis, growl on Z-axis and flutter on Y-axis.

In your DAW you should be able to select both the breath controller and the Seaboard as MIDI input to the track where the SWAM instrument has been added to.

On SWAM you need to map:

• Expression -> CC2
  • Growl -> AfterTouch (AT)
  • Flutter -> CC74

Just be sure the pitch-bend range (Up/Down) of both the Seaboard and SWAM match and - for Solo Brass - the Pitch Bend Curve is OFF.

Best,
Emanuele

@gooddog thanks for your excitement! Of course, you can select multiple controllers to control SWAM. For example you may want to control Expression with a breath controller and use the Seaboard to control notes, pitch-bend on X-axis, growl on Z-axis and flutter on Y-axis. In your DAW you should be able to select both the breath controller and the Seaboard as MIDI input to the track where the SWAM instrument has been added to. On SWAM you need to map: - Expression -> CC2 - Growl -> AfterTouch (AT) - Flutter -> CC74 Just be sure the pitch-bend range (Up/Down) of both the Seaboard and SWAM match and - for Solo Brass - the Pitch Bend Curve is OFF. Best, Emanuele

@GoodDog: Any news regarding AM Trumpet with Seaboard and BC ?
-Michael

@GoodDog: Any news regarding AM Trumpet with Seaboard and BC ? -Michael
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft