SWAM
Parameters going to 11 (or 12...)?

Hi,

I just bought the complete package and I am blown away by the SWAM instruments, particularly the Brass ones: I can't wait for the others to share the same UI and playability.

I am mostly interested, however, not in perfect emulations of traditional playing of these instruments, but in searching for extended techniques that are particular to SWAM. That is, not in emulating overblowing, multiphonics, etc. (even though that would be nice!), but in exploring the expressivity of particular fringes of these algorithms. Even if some will certainly be similar to the instruments they emulate, I am sure that with some work we could find ones that diverge from the acoustic instruments.

Would it be too much to ask if the range of the parameters could be extended to encompass these fringe areas? E.g., the border between the note sounding or not, or the border between a controlled sound and an sweep of harmonics. Perhaps the access to this extended range could be selected in the advanced settings, so not to loose controller resolution when going for a clean sound.

Maybe I am asking for too much, but it would sure be a fun ride! Congratulations on the instruments: they truly are way more inspiring than anything that I have tried in the past couple of years!

Best wishes,

Rui

Hi, I just bought the complete package and I am blown away by the SWAM instruments, particularly the Brass ones: I can't wait for the others to share the same UI and playability. I am mostly interested, however, not in perfect emulations of traditional playing of these instruments, but in searching for extended techniques that are particular to SWAM. That is, not in emulating overblowing, multiphonics, etc. (even though that would be nice!), but in exploring the expressivity of particular fringes of these algorithms. Even if some will certainly be similar to the instruments they emulate, I am sure that with some work we could find ones that diverge from the acoustic instruments. Would it be too much to ask if the range of the parameters could be extended to encompass these fringe areas? E.g., the border between the note sounding or not, or the border between a controlled sound and an sweep of harmonics. Perhaps the access to this extended range could be selected in the advanced settings, so not to loose controller resolution when going for a clean sound. Maybe I am asking for too much, but it would sure be a fun ride! Congratulations on the instruments: they truly are way more inspiring than anything that I have tried in the past couple of years! Best wishes, Rui
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft