SWAM
Apple Silicon M1 Chip Big Sur Support

I have been trying to install SWAM Instruments on Apple MacBook with M1 (Apple Silicon) Chip running Big Sur. I can't seem to make it work. Is there any update or timeline (PS: FYI I did get Aaron Venture instruments to work ;-)

Please advise, I would really like to use SWAM.
David

I have been trying to install SWAM Instruments on Apple MacBook with M1 (Apple Silicon) Chip running Big Sur. I can't seem to make it work. Is there any update or timeline (PS: FYI I did get Aaron Venture instruments to work ;-) Please advise, I would really like to use SWAM. David

M1 obviously is not compatible with a lot 3rd party software out there smile
-Michael

M1 obviously is not compatible with a lot 3rd party software out there :( -Michael

UPDATE: It looks like the SWAM Brass is working with Apple M1 chip and Big Sur using Logic Pro. Also, for what it’s worth Kontakt also seems to be working well.

UPDATE: It looks like the SWAM Brass is working with Apple M1 chip and Big Sur using Logic Pro. Also, for what it’s worth Kontakt also seems to be working well.

Hi,
we tested them and they works.
If SWAM plugins are not detected by Logic Pro X or GarageBand be sure you have rebooted your system, as suggested at the end of the installation.
Also, you may try to clean the Audio Units cache before rebooting the system. Note: this will cause a full rescan of all the plugins installed on the machine.

• In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
  • Type ~/Library/Caches in the “Go to the folder” field.
  • Press the Go button
  • Remove the “com.apple.audiounits.cache” file.
  • Remove the ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache folder

Try installing each of them twice, one immediately after the other. Then logout and login again. (This worked for another customer)
Applications on Catalina and Big Sur ask to have control on the Finder. Maybe you have not allowed Logic to take control of the whole filesystem?

Check this video: https://youtu.be/dADUwM_4_3c?t=84

Please be sure Logic has permission on the whole filesystem.

Hi, we tested them and they works. If SWAM plugins are not detected by Logic Pro X or GarageBand be sure you have rebooted your system, as suggested at the end of the installation. Also, you may try to clean the Audio Units cache before rebooting the system. Note: this will cause a full rescan of all the plugins installed on the machine. - In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu. - Type ~/Library/Caches in the “Go to the folder” field. - Press the Go button - Remove the “com.apple.audiounits.cache” file. - Remove the ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache folder Try installing each of them twice, one immediately after the other. Then logout and login again. (This worked for another customer) Applications on Catalina and Big Sur ask to have control on the Finder. Maybe you have not allowed Logic to take control of the whole filesystem? Check this video: https://youtu.be/dADUwM_4_3c?t=84 Please be sure Logic has permission on the whole filesystem.

Please be sure Logic has permission on the whole filesystem.

Seems like a decent secutity risk
-Michael

> Please be sure Logic has permission on the whole filesystem. Seems like a decent secutity risk -Michael
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft