Solo Brass
Triple tongue technique with SWAM brass

I find that I am having trouble with fast passages on the brass instruments, particularly triplets on the same note. If I want to play “Williams Tell Overture” on the French horn, this is required, but I find the instrument does keep up with the speed of my fingers.

I am using a seaboard. Does anyone have advice on how to achieve this? Is this a limitation of using the seaboard, SWAM software, or perhaps I need to adjust parameters to gain better results?

I find that I am having trouble with fast passages on the brass instruments, particularly triplets on the same note. If I want to play “Williams Tell Overture” on the French horn, this is required, but I find the instrument does keep up with the speed of my fingers. I am using a seaboard. Does anyone have advice on how to achieve this? Is this a limitation of using the seaboard, SWAM software, or perhaps I need to adjust parameters to gain better results?

I do have a Seaboard and a TEC Breath controller.
While the seaboard is very appropriate with Strings (which for me never sound naturally when "blown" ), I guess that the seaboard is not perfect for French Horn etc.
For utmost sound flexibility, I plan to try to use the Seaboard together with the TEC (which I currently combine with a normal synth keyboard), But I did not yet find the time...
So maybe you might want to try adding a Breath Controller
-Michael

I do have a Seaboard and a TEC Breath controller. While the seaboard is very appropriate with Strings (which for me never sound naturally when "blown" ), I guess that the seaboard is not perfect for French Horn etc. For utmost sound flexibility, I plan to try to use the Seaboard together with the TEC (which I currently combine with a normal synth keyboard), But I did not yet find the time... So maybe you might want to try adding a Breath Controller -Michael
edited Feb 6 at 6:49 am

Hi,
from the horn side you can adjust "attack tongue" and "reactivity" in the expressivity parameters and also "release time"in the advanced parameters section to have very quick notes for your triplets. Of course you need to adjust the right settings on your seaboard for your playing way.

Hi, from the horn side you can adjust "attack tongue" and "reactivity" in the expressivity parameters and also "release time"in the advanced parameters section to have very quick notes for your triplets. Of course you need to adjust the right settings on your seaboard for your playing way.
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft