SWAM
What can be improved in SWAM for Wind Controller users?

Here is my folder for SWAM Violin wind controller test. It contains Logic midi file, audio bounce, notation and my SWAM preset.

I look forward to your suggestions for improvement in the preset to make articulation control easier.

Also, note the passage where I play 2 notes in four different octaves, I would like to know how to reduce the noise in the upper pitches to make it more pure sounding. I have tried various settings with no success.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8yh92apetnwo81/SWAM%20Violin%20Test.zip?dl=0

And two follow ups on our dialog above:

1. You have shared a Woodwind preset which you have improved articulation with expression and fixed or ignored velocity. Could you also share a preset for improved articulation with Attack Sens. set to Vel Soft? I am sure there is more to it than just changing the Expression to Vel Soft, other parameters should be adjusted.
  2. I would like to try the new Solo Brass Beta for Wind Controller users you mentioned above.

Thank you.

Don

Here is my folder for SWAM Violin wind controller test. It contains Logic midi file, audio bounce, notation and my SWAM preset. I look forward to your suggestions for improvement in the preset to make articulation control easier. Also, note the passage where I play 2 notes in four different octaves, I would like to know how to reduce the noise in the upper pitches to make it more pure sounding. I have tried various settings with no success. https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8yh92apetnwo81/SWAM%20Violin%20Test.zip?dl=0 And two follow ups on our dialog above: 1. You have shared a Woodwind preset which you have improved articulation with expression and fixed or ignored velocity. Could you also share a preset for improved articulation with Attack Sens. set to Vel Soft? I am sure there is more to it than just changing the Expression to Vel Soft, other parameters should be adjusted. 2. I would like to try the new Solo Brass Beta for Wind Controller users you mentioned above. Thank you. Don

I don't see anywhere on the Community site that is specifically for bug reports, but Please let me know if there is a better place to post this.

Bouncing off of that, I think this forum could really benefit from a bug reports as well as a feature suggestions sub-forums.

> I don't see anywhere on the Community site that is specifically for bug reports, but Please let me know if there is a better place to post this. Bouncing off of that, I think this forum could really benefit from a bug reports as well as a feature suggestions sub-forums.

@doncagen thank you so much!

BTW: I sent a Solo Brass beta to you several days ago, replying to your support request (ref. Ticket #462711 on https://support.audiomodeling.com ), but I haven't received a reply yet

@doncagen thank you so much! BTW: I sent a Solo Brass beta to you several days ago, replying to your support request (ref. Ticket #462711 on https://support.audiomodeling.com ), but I haven't received a reply yet

I don't think I can add much more to the conversation, but I have gone through many parameters trying to increase the realism of the sax sound and playing for solo Jazz/Rock (ensemble it sounds pretty good to my ears) and I do have two things that could be considered tips/observations.

One tip, in terms of the breath sound, I've found that mapping the CC value of the Breath Noise to the inverse of CC2 with a nice exponential curve, so that when I'm blowing soft there is more breath and when blowing hard there is almost no breath, really helps in terms of making it play and blend more natural. I can do things like this in the Brass v3, but with the v2 I handle it in my DAW, so I'm sure that this feature will be available in the new v3 release, but if there were easier ways to parameter link to things like the inverse of another parameter, I think it would allow greater exploration for those of us who solely want to use our breath from the wind controllers without foot controllers or keyswitches.

One other thing I'm curious about is how SWAM handles "just temperament" vs "equal temperament" on the saxophones. Saxophone, being a just temperament instrument, can have pitch fluctuations due to the overtone series it produces as you go up through the range of the instrument. I find that the tenor tends to sound less natural to me when crossing around the concert G in the second octave, maybe because the pitch is so perfect (within fractions of a cent); in ensemble it sounds great, and maybe it's the sound classical players go for, but for me it's just a little off solo wise. I've experimented with the dynamic pitch settings, and I think it helps, but I'm not quite sure if this is the real world aspect that parameter is supposed to be addressing.

In any case, looking forward to the new version!

I don't think I can add much more to the conversation, but I have gone through many parameters trying to increase the realism of the sax sound and playing for solo Jazz/Rock (ensemble it sounds pretty good to my ears) and I do have two things that could be considered tips/observations. One tip, in terms of the breath sound, I've found that mapping the CC value of the Breath Noise to the inverse of CC2 with a nice exponential curve, so that when I'm blowing soft there is more breath and when blowing hard there is almost no breath, really helps in terms of making it play and blend more natural. I can do things like this in the Brass v3, but with the v2 I handle it in my DAW, so I'm sure that this feature will be available in the new v3 release, but if there were easier ways to parameter link to things like the inverse of another parameter, I think it would allow greater exploration for those of us who solely want to use our breath from the wind controllers without foot controllers or keyswitches. One other thing I'm curious about is how SWAM handles "just temperament" vs "equal temperament" on the saxophones. Saxophone, being a just temperament instrument, can have pitch fluctuations due to the overtone series it produces as you go up through the range of the instrument. I find that the tenor tends to sound less natural to me when crossing around the concert G in the second octave, maybe because the pitch is so perfect (within fractions of a cent); in ensemble it sounds great, and maybe it's the sound classical players go for, but for me it's just a little off solo wise. I've experimented with the dynamic pitch settings, and I think it helps, but I'm not quite sure if this is the real world aspect that parameter is supposed to be addressing. In any case, looking forward to the new version!

@admin

BTW: I sent a Solo Brass beta to you several days ago, replying to your support request (ref. Ticket #462711 on https://support.audiomodeling.com ), but I haven't received a reply yet>

Thank you. I have replied through the email support system and attached a link to my Brass Test Logic midi file and audio.

Don

@admin > BTW: I sent a Solo Brass beta to you several days ago, replying to your support request (ref. Ticket #462711 on https://support.audiomodeling.com ), but I haven't received a reply yet> Thank you. I have replied through the email support system and attached a link to my Brass Test Logic midi file and audio. Don
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft