The question below is from an earlier post, but since I've had no response back about it, I thought I would bump it up again.
1. How to get pizzicato on multiple open strings (Cello)?
I have read the manual for every mention of "pizzicato", and it seems that the following settings wold be reasonable for the effect I want to achieve:
- Play Mode - set to Pizzicato
- Pizz.Poly mode - set to Polyphonic
- Alt.Fingering - set to to "Nut and Open”.
While testing I also experimented with the following parameters:
- Mono/Poly Mode - set to Dual-Hold (also tried the other values to no avail.)
- Preferred Strings - set to the pair of strings I want to be played open.
But the fingering algorithm always insists on playing at least one of the notes stopped (often both notes are stopped). In fact, it seems very difficult to get the instrument to play an open string pizzicato under any conditions. Or am I missing something important?
This was also a problem in v2, but because the enhanced pizzicato mode was advertised as a major new feature in v3, I assumed this restriction was overcome.
thanks in advance for any help