Solo Woodwinds
Making the clarinet warmer

Anyone have any tips for making the clarinet sound a bit warmer?
At the moment it sounds like I'm playing with too thin of a reed.

I'm a clarinettist (of sorts) and married to a pro player. We both love the expression but it just sounds to thin and reedy.

I'm using Clar 1 Warm and have messed about with EQ but nothing has worked yet for me.

It needs to sound more like a buffet wood and less like a yamaha plastic 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyone have any tips for making the clarinet sound a bit warmer? At the moment it sounds like I'm playing with too thin of a reed. I'm a clarinettist (of sorts) and married to a pro player. We both love the expression but it just sounds to thin and reedy. I'm using Clar 1 Warm and have messed about with EQ but nothing has worked yet for me. It needs to sound more like a buffet wood and less like a yamaha plastic

@mozart999uk firstly, consider that the default dynamic range is huge, if compared to classical playing, for example. To play in a "warm" range you need to limit the Expression to maximum 90 or 100 (and compensate with a bit more volume).

Also, you may want to activate the "Breathy ppp" layer (Options page).

Finally, you can act a bit on Formant and Harm. Struct. parameters.

@mozart999uk firstly, consider that the default dynamic range is huge, if compared to classical playing, for example. To play in a "warm" range you need to limit the Expression to maximum 90 or 100 (and compensate with a bit more volume). Also, you may want to activate the "Breathy ppp" layer (Options page). Finally, you can act a bit on Formant and Harm. Struct. parameters.
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft