Camelot
CC Control for Auv3 Instruments

I purchased Camelot for iOS to control different sw synths on the iPad simultaneously with one controller. It works very good, thank you for your hard work!

I also want to control some parameters of my virtual instr with cc controllers. I couldn‘t find a way to „learn“ parameters in Camelot, so I mapped ccs in the instrument app itself- this works ok for the Moogmodel D ie but not for neosoulkeys. It works in the standalone app but not from Camelot.

Can anyone give me a hint what might help here?

Thanks,
Christoph

I purchased Camelot for iOS to control different sw synths on the iPad simultaneously with one controller. It works very good, thank you for your hard work! I also want to control some parameters of my virtual instr with cc controllers. I couldn‘t find a way to „learn“ parameters in Camelot, so I mapped ccs in the instrument app itself- this works ok for the Moogmodel D ie but not for neosoulkeys. It works in the standalone app but not from Camelot. Can anyone give me a hint what might help here? Thanks, Christoph

Hi @christophmateka , Camelot does not support MIDI to plugin parameter mapping.
Camelot just forwards MIDI events to the plugins; if they support MIDI mapping, good. Otherwise, there is no way to control them.

Best

Hi @christophmateka , Camelot does not support MIDI to plugin parameter mapping. Camelot just forwards MIDI events to the plugins; if they support MIDI mapping, good. Otherwise, there is no way to control them. Best

Seemingly neither Camelot nor mobile hardware is in a decently usable versatile state, comparable with decent DAWs, yet.
I suppose Time will come ...
-Michael

Seemingly neither Camelot nor mobile hardware is in a decently usable versatile state, comparable with decent DAWs, yet. I suppose Time will come ... -Michael
edited May 29 at 6:05 am

@mschnell Camelot is not a DAW, and is not an AUdio Mixer as AUM. The uniqueness of Camelot is that you can switch between Scenes dynamically, with no sound interruption and with the ability to held notes from one Scene to another. It is a "dynamic DAW", let's say.
Of course, we will introduce MIDI-to-parameter mapping directly on plugins, the problem is that you have to do such mapping for EACH scene where that plugin is used, even if it is exactly the SAME plugin: to ensure seamless Scene switching, plugin instances are doubled. So, in addition to the mapping functionality, we need to provide a way to easily apply the same mapping across several Scenes using the same plugin (or maybe not).

Best!

@mschnell Camelot is not a DAW, and is not an AUdio Mixer as AUM. The uniqueness of Camelot is that you can switch between Scenes dynamically, with no sound interruption and with the ability to held notes from one Scene to another. It is a "dynamic DAW", let's say. Of course, we will introduce MIDI-to-parameter mapping directly on plugins, the problem is that you have to do such mapping for EACH scene where that plugin is used, even if it is exactly the SAME plugin: to ensure seamless Scene switching, plugin instances are doubled. So, in addition to the mapping functionality, we need to provide a way to easily apply the same mapping across several Scenes using the same plugin (or maybe not). Best!

Of course I do understand this. (In fact this is a big theme I work on since years, going from considering NI Kore, then Brainspawn Forte, and several other (see -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=213568) finding all not versatile enough for my needs, and finally doing a complex custom programming in Reaper.
And of course I see that Camelot is on a good way, but there still is a lot to do.
OTOH IMHO mobile devices and their OSes are not yet suitable for this complex stuff.
I did see a video with Camelot on small "embedded" hardware with a special audio OS. This seems really promising, provided you can run 3rd party plugins in a decent way.
-Michael

Of course I do understand this. (In fact this is a big theme I work on since years, going from considering NI Kore, then Brainspawn Forte, and several other (see -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=213568) finding all not versatile enough for my needs, and finally doing a complex custom programming in Reaper. And of course I see that Camelot is on a good way, but there still is a lot to do. OTOH IMHO mobile devices and their OSes are not yet suitable for this complex stuff. I did see a video with Camelot on small "embedded" hardware with a special audio OS. This seems really promising, provided you can run 3rd party plugins in a decent way. -Michael

Dear @admin,

thx for your answer - mapping works fine for moog model D and galileo organ on iOS - my original fender rhodes also has just a volume knob so thats fine for now. 

I went to the first gig with Camelot a few days ago - it went very well!

I use my old nord electro2 as controller and I mapped the most important knobs and buttons to camelot.

Still - a few questions are left that I hope you can answer:

• Is it possible to save the Master FX with each song - if I turn on the delay, switch song - it's still there.

• is it possible that my auv3 instruments report their parameters back to the nord electro so that I could see i.e. the drawbar settings from galileo organ?

• is it possible to switch songs with program change?

• is it possible to have your fx (that I like a lot because of their simplicity and sound) only on one layer? i.e. bass should be dry but split layer gets the fx?

• and finally (for now) smile will you include more parameters for learning in future versions (i.e. delay feedback) ?

Thats it - i'm relieved to have such a small flexible and good sounding setup!

Best,

Christoph

Dear @admin, thx for your answer - mapping works fine for moog model D and galileo organ on iOS - my original fender rhodes also has just a volume knob so thats fine for now. I went to the first gig with Camelot a few days ago - it went very well! I use my old nord electro2 as controller and I mapped the most important knobs and buttons to camelot. Still - a few questions are left that I hope you can answer: - Is it possible to save the Master FX with each song - if I turn on the delay, switch song - it's still there. - is it possible that my auv3 instruments report their parameters back to the nord electro so that I could see i.e. the drawbar settings from galileo organ? - is it possible to switch songs with program change? - is it possible to have your fx (that I like a lot because of their simplicity and sound) only on one layer? i.e. bass should be dry but split layer gets the fx? - and finally (for now) :) will you include more parameters for learning in future versions (i.e. delay feedback) ? Thats it - i'm relieved to have such a small flexible and good sounding setup! Best, Christoph

@christophmateka thanks for your feedbacks!

Is it possible to save the Master FX with each song - if I turn on the delay, switch song - it's still there.

Master FX had to be intended really as a "master", i.e. for the whole concert you are playing. For Songs, with Camelot 2.1 you will be able to route any Layer audio output to a Song Layer; on that Song Layer you can add any FX plugin.

is it possible that my auv3 instruments report their parameters back to the nord electro so that I could see i.e. the drawbar settings from galileo organ?

Nope.

is it possible to switch songs with program change?

Not exactly. You can select Setlist / Song / Scene using BankSelect MSB/LSB and ProgramChange with the following rules:

• BankSelect MSB (CC00): select the current Setlist
  • BankSelect MSB (CC32): select the current Song within the current Setlist
  • ProgramChange: select the current Scene within the current Song

You need to enable the "Camelot Master" Remote Controller in SETTINGS -> Remote Control -> MIDI, edit it and select the MIDI Port for the controller.

is it possible to have your fx (that I like a lot because of their simplicity and sound) only on one layer? i.e. bass should be dry but split layer gets the fx?

Our embedded FXs will be eventually available to be added onto the Layers in future.

and finally (for now) will you include more parameters for learning in future versions (i.e. delay feedback) ?

This is more complex that you imagine, since Camelot is based on Scenes, it means that potentially mapping can be different from one Scene to another. I cannot provide an answer yet.

Best!

@christophmateka thanks for your feedbacks! >> Is it possible to save the Master FX with each song - if I turn on the delay, switch song - it's still there. Master FX had to be intended really as a "master", i.e. for the whole concert you are playing. For Songs, with Camelot 2.1 you will be able to route any Layer audio output to a Song Layer; on that Song Layer you can add any FX plugin. >> is it possible that my auv3 instruments report their parameters back to the nord electro so that I could see i.e. the drawbar settings from galileo organ? Nope. >> is it possible to switch songs with program change? Not exactly. You can select Setlist / Song / Scene using BankSelect MSB/LSB and ProgramChange with the following rules: - BankSelect MSB (CC00): select the current Setlist - BankSelect MSB (CC32): select the current Song within the current Setlist - ProgramChange: select the current Scene within the current Song You need to enable the "Camelot Master" Remote Controller in SETTINGS -> Remote Control -> MIDI, edit it and select the MIDI Port for the controller. >> is it possible to have your fx (that I like a lot because of their simplicity and sound) only on one layer? i.e. bass should be dry but split layer gets the fx? Our embedded FXs will be eventually available to be added onto the Layers in future. >> and finally (for now) will you include more parameters for learning in future versions (i.e. delay feedback) ? This is more complex that you imagine, since Camelot is based on Scenes, it means that potentially mapping can be different from one Scene to another. I cannot provide an answer yet. Best!
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft