Camelot
The patches loading time during a song selection

Hi!

If I selecting a next song from list, Camelot (desktop version) load all instruments from scratch and it takes a long time with a large sample libraries. I haven't such time between songs.. Is it possible that Camelot loads all samples before a concert and only switch bypass on/off during song selection?

Hi! If I selecting a next song from list, Camelot (desktop version) load all instruments from scratch and it takes a long time with a large sample libraries. I haven't such time between songs.. Is it possible that Camelot loads all samples before a concert and only switch bypass on/off during song selection?
edited Jun 3 at 3:43 am

Seems like a kind of misunderstanding.
1) SWAM instruments don't use large sample libraries. I don't suppose that Camelot can do much in regard of 3rd party software.
2) Camelot does not "load" sample libraries. it just starts some plugins.
In fact I had a similar problem - not using Camelot but using Reaper as a "versatile virtual instrument". Here I found that having Reaper push presets onto Kontakt results in Kontakt loading the library and taking much to long for being usable in a Live setup.
So I use an "Instrument Bank" in Kontakt and switch between the patches by having Reaper send a Program Change Midi message to Kontakt for changing the instrument. I don't know if Camelot can do that.
Provided there is enough RAM, Kontakt "pre-loads" all samples accessible in an Instrument bank and is very clever managing this huge count of samples.
-Michael

Seems like a kind of misunderstanding. 1) SWAM instruments don't use large sample libraries. I don't suppose that Camelot can do much in regard of 3rd party software. 2) Camelot does not "load" sample libraries. it just starts some plugins. In fact I had a similar problem - not using Camelot but using Reaper as a "versatile virtual instrument". Here I found that having Reaper push presets onto Kontakt results in Kontakt loading the library and taking much to long for being usable in a Live setup. So I use an "Instrument Bank" in Kontakt and switch between the patches by having Reaper send a Program Change Midi message to Kontakt for changing the instrument. I don't know if Camelot can do that. Provided there is enough RAM, Kontakt "pre-loads" all samples accessible in an Instrument bank and is very clever managing this huge count of samples. -Michael
edited Jun 3 at 6:18 am

@Vadium Camelot doesn't load all resources at startup, unless using Setlist layers.
So, if you have added plugins with large libraries on Scene or Song Layers, they get loaded at each Song switching.

If you need to use large libraries, add the plugin to a Setlist Layer and use Layer Connectors from Scene Layers to route MIDI to them.

@Vadium Camelot doesn't load all resources at startup, unless using Setlist layers. So, if you have added plugins with large libraries on Scene or Song Layers, they get loaded at each Song switching. If you need to use large libraries, add the plugin to a Setlist Layer and use Layer Connectors from Scene Layers to route MIDI to them.
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft