News and Announcements

Audio Modeling team is proud to announce the launch of the Community Area.
This is a place for sharing our music experiences, talk about audio Modeling products, improve our knowledge for building together day by day better musical instruments.

We want to listen to our customers, see and hear what people can do with our instruments and have a trip with passionate people to leave our contribution to music makers history. We want also to share our philosophy, why we are making expressive instruments and we want you to transfer as much as we can this vision to allow our customers and followers to discover new ways to play, perform and be inspired with their instruments.

This is just the beginning, we have launched a new website but in the next months there are exciting news about new products and activities.

The Community Area is still in Beta, we are finalizing and testing it, please be patient if you find some issue but consider this place your home, the home of music.

Have fun!

The Audio Modeling Team

Audio Modeling team is proud to announce the launch of the **Community Area.** This is a place for sharing our music experiences, talk about audio Modeling products, improve our knowledge for building together day by day better musical instruments. We want to listen to our customers, see and hear what people can do with our instruments and have a trip with passionate people to leave our contribution to music makers history. We want also to share our philosophy, why we are making expressive instruments and we want you to transfer as much as we can this vision to allow our customers and followers to discover new ways to play, perform and be inspired with their instruments. This is just the beginning, we have launched a new website but in the next months there are exciting news about new products and activities. The Community Area is still in Beta, we are finalizing and testing it, please be patient if you find some issue but consider this place your home, the home of music. Have fun! _The Audio Modeling Team_
edited Jan 16 at 1:46 pm

Are we going to see brass next? I know there was some talks a while back, but obviously stuff happens and there was a bit of a shake-up, any chance we have an Outlook on some brass?

Are we going to see brass next? I know there was some talks a while back, but obviously stuff happens and there was a bit of a shake-up, any chance we have an Outlook on some brass?

We have seen several weird hypotheses and misleading posts over the Internet about our plans.

Here is the official place where to know our plans and our current developments. We will post something under the "Roadmap" category soon.

To reply to your question: we are working hard on the SWAM Brass, it will take some months to complete them, so please hold on.

The reason for such a long waiting is that we are refactoring all our code and also working on other exciting projects. One of them, as you may know, is Camelot, our new software for the Live Performance management.

We have seen several weird hypotheses and misleading posts over the Internet about our plans. Here is the official place where to know our plans and our current developments. We will post something under the "Roadmap" category soon. To reply to your question: we are working hard on the SWAM Brass, it will take some months to complete them, so please hold on. The reason for such a long waiting is that we are refactoring all our code and also working on other exciting projects. One of them, as you may know, is Camelot, our new software for the Live Performance management.
edited Sep 17 '18 at 7:39 am

(Not a native English speaker myself) "hardly" meaning very seldom ? Is this really what you want to say ?

-Michael

(Not a native English speaker myself) "hardly" meaning very seldom ? Is this really what you want to say ? -Michael
edited Sep 17 '18 at 5:26 am

Ops, sorry, I mean “hard”, “energically”, “with high commitment”, “making a big effort”

Ops, sorry, I mean “hard”, “energically”, “with high commitment”, “making a big effort”

While "new" topics are marked with a yellow square, it is not really clear what "new" means.

When logged in I am informed about new posts to topics I contributed to, in the "Bell" symbol. That is great.

But moreover, I would like to be informed about other posts I did not yet read as well

• in existing Topics I did not contribute to (here I don't see any way how to easily find such posts)
  • new topics that have posts that I did not yet read.

Moreover loggin in to the forum seem like much more effort than necessary:

• when hitting "log in" the log in page does not appear but a page that shows the instruments I own. I need to hit "back" to go to the log in page.
  • Unlike most other forum software, this forum software does not use cookies to remember the log in and hence I need to completely re-login whenever I return.

BTW the "live preview" is a relly great feature !

-Michael

While "new" topics are marked with a yellow square, it is not really clear what "new" means. When logged in I am informed about new posts to topics I contributed to, in the "Bell" symbol. That is great. But moreover, I would like to be informed about other posts I did not yet read as well - in existing Topics I did not contribute to (here I don't see any way how to easily find such posts) - new topics that have posts that I did not yet read. Moreover loggin in to the forum seem like much more effort than necessary: - when hitting "log in" the log in page does not appear but a page that shows the instruments I own. I need to hit "back" to go to the log in page. - Unlike most other forum software, this forum software does not use cookies to remember the log in and hence I need to completely re-login whenever I return. BTW the "live preview" is a relly great feature ! -Michael
edited Sep 29 '18 at 1:32 pm

Hi @mschnell,

let’s start from the login. Community allows the SSO (Single Sign On) with other web-applications.
Since we do not want to force our customers and users to remember a credentials set for any web-application we may offer in the future, and since we have created our User Portal as a comfortable place to manage downloads, updates and licenses, we have connected the Community authentication to the User Portal database.
So, you do not need to login twice. You probably were already logged in the User Portal before accessing the Community.
Just go to the User Portal https://my.audiomodeling.com and logout (top-right menu).
Then go to the Community, select login (the User Portal login appears, but it is now “connected” with the Community), type your credentials and you are in.
You can now pass from the Community to the User Portal and vice-versa with the same authentication.

I’m sure that new topics and post, even the ones you are not following, are marked on the “home” page. Not sure on the topic page, I need to check.

Best,
Emanuele

Hi @mschnell, let’s start from the login. Community allows the SSO (Single Sign On) with other web-applications. Since we do not want to force our customers and users to remember a credentials set for any web-application we may offer in the future, and since we have created our User Portal as a comfortable place to manage downloads, updates and licenses, we have connected the Community authentication to the User Portal database. So, you do not need to login twice. You probably were already logged in the User Portal before accessing the Community. Just go to the User Portal https://my.audiomodeling.com and logout (top-right menu). Then go to the Community, select login (the User Portal login appears, but it is now “connected” with the Community), type your credentials and you are in. You can now pass from the Community to the User Portal and vice-versa with the same authentication. I’m sure that new topics and post, even the ones you are not following, are marked on the “home” page. Not sure on the topic page, I need to check. Best, Emanuele

We have installed a bug-fix update of the Community, these are the most relevant fixes:

• Fixed embed of videos and audios from external websites on https
  • Fixed delete button for topics
We have installed a bug-fix update of the Community, these are the most relevant fixes: - Fixed embed of videos and audios from external websites on https - Fixed delete button for topics

Thanks.

But anyway the problems I encountered seem to persist:

• If I try to log in I am presented with the "my instruments" page instead of the login page and need to "go back" in the browser to actuall log in
  • The log in state is only remembered for a short while (which seems to fluctuate greatly in duration). It seems not to be saved in a cookie to be recognized when I come back. Hence I need the (clumsy) log in procedure very often.
  • I have not found a definitive way to see all new post:
    • new topics are marked with yellow rectangles
    • new posts in topics I had been active in are denoted in the red bell symbol
    • but how to find all new answers to topics I had only had been reading ???

-Michael

Thanks. But anyway the problems I encountered seem to persist: - If I try to log in I am presented with the "my instruments" page instead of the login page and need to "go back" in the browser to actuall log in - The log in state is only remembered for a short while (which seems to fluctuate greatly in duration). It seems not to be saved in a cookie to be recognized when I come back. Hence I need the (clumsy) log in procedure very often. - I have not found a definitive way to see all new post: - new **topics** are marked with yellow rectangles - new posts in topics I had been active in are denoted in the red bell symbol - **but how to find all new answers to topics I had only had been reading ???** -Michael
edited Oct 14 '18 at 7:12 am

@mschnell

If I try to log in I am presented with the "my instruments" page instead of the login page and need to "go back" in the browser to actuall log in

The "master" session is managed by the Customer Portal, so clicking on "login" it brings you to the Customer Portal. Here the problem is that the session of the Customer Portal is still valid, while the one for the Community has expired.

The log in state is only remembered for a short while (which seems to fluctuate greatly in duration). It seems not to be saved in a cookie to be recognized when I come back. Hence I need the (clumsy) log in procedure very often.

We have increased the session timeout for the Community to more than two months, it should be enough. Please let me know if the state is still only remembered for a short while.

I have not found a definitive way to see all new post:
new topics are marked with yellow rectangles
but how to find all new answers to topics I had only had been reading ???

Notifications of new replies are presented with a red badge in the home page. Clicking on the red badge brings you to the first unread reply. See the attachment for reference:

5bc3c35b987f2

@mschnell > If I try to log in I am presented with the "my instruments" page instead of the login page and need to "go back" in the browser to actuall log in The "master" session is managed by the Customer Portal, so clicking on "login" it brings you to the Customer Portal. Here the problem is that the session of the Customer Portal is still valid, while the one for the Community has expired. > The log in state is only remembered for a short while (which seems to fluctuate greatly in duration). It seems not to be saved in a cookie to be recognized when I come back. Hence I need the (clumsy) log in procedure very often. We have increased the session timeout for the Community to more than two months, it should be enough. Please let me know if the state is still only remembered for a short while. > I have not found a definitive way to see all new post: new topics are marked with yellow rectangles new posts in topics I had been active in are denoted in the red bell symbol but how to find all new answers to topics I had only had been reading ??? Notifications of new replies are presented with a red badge in the home page. Clicking on the red badge brings you to the first unread reply. See the attachment for reference: ![5bc3c35b987f2](serve/attachment&path=5bc3c35b987f2)

I have just been logged out after no more than two days.
-Michael

I have just been logged out after no more than two days. -Michael

Hmmm...

No different behavior regarding login than originally whatsoever. smile

Are the red dotted topics always sorted above those that are not new in any way ?

Do old topics not containing new messages scroll away from the "all topics" page ?

What exactly does "new" mean ? Is it different when I'm logged in (meaning "not yet read by this user", and not provided if not logged in) ? Your messages suggests this.

-Michael

Hmmm... No different behavior regarding login than originally whatsoever. x( Are the red dotted topics always sorted above those that are not new in any way ? Do old topics not containing new messages scroll away from the "all topics" page ? What exactly does "new" mean ? Is it different when I'm logged in (meaning "not yet read by this user", and not provided if not logged in) ? Your messages suggests this. -Michael
edited Oct 18 '18 at 5:52 am

No different behavior regarding login than originally whatsoever.

I've reported this to our web dev.

Are the red dotted topics always sorted above those that are not new in any way ?

I think the topics are sorted by the most recent event, whether it is a new topic or a new reply.

Do old topics not containing new messages scroll away from the "all topics" page ?

Not at all. Are you experiencing that??

What exactly does "new" mean ? Is it different when I'm logged in (meaning "not yet read by this user", and not provided if not logged in) ? Your messages suggests this.

When you are logged in I'm sure about that "new" means "not yet read by the logged user". Not sure about a non-logged user. Need to check with some cases.

Best!
Emanuele

> No different behavior regarding login than originally whatsoever. I've reported this to our web dev. > Are the red dotted topics always sorted above those that are not new in any way ? I think the topics are sorted by the most recent event, whether it is a new topic or a new reply. > Do old topics not containing new messages scroll away from the "all topics" page ? Not at all. Are you experiencing that?? > What exactly does "new" mean ? Is it different when I'm logged in (meaning "not yet read by this user", and not provided if not logged in) ? Your messages suggests this. When you are logged in I'm sure about that "new" means "not yet read by the logged user". Not sure about a non-logged user. Need to check with some cases. Best! Emanuele

Regarding my latest experiences, everything seems to be working fine. Only the login stuff is not as desired.

Thanks
-Michael

Regarding my latest experiences, everything seems to be working fine. Only the login stuff is not as desired. Thanks -Michael

Unfortunately I am back to the state that every day I need to re-login, and this proces always takes me to the products page smile

Maybe on of the causes is that I sometimes use another computer to log in into the forum.

-Michael

Unfortunately I am back to the state that every day I need to re-login, and this proces always takes me to the products page :( Maybe on of the causes is that I sometimes use another computer to log in into the forum. -Michael

The login process really is a PITA !!!!

I need to re-log-in typing User name and Password every day.

Additionally the forum login always takes me to the instrument licensing page and I need to go back

Additionally, other than in all other forums I know, Firefox seems not to be able to save the User name and password for me, but I really need to type every letter every time.

-Michael

The login process really is a PITA !!!! I need to re-log-in typing User name and Password every day. Additionally the forum login always takes me to the instrument licensing page and I need to go back Additionally, other than in all other forums I know, Firefox seems not to be able to save the User name and password for me, but I really need to type every letter every time. -Michael

Nobody else experiencing this ?

Any hope? This is really annoying !!!

-Michael

Nobody else experiencing this ? Any hope? This is really annoying !!! -Michael
edited Nov 23 '18 at 5:13 am
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft