News and Announcements

@mschnell, I was at the ADC (Audio Developer Conference) and I could not check the messages on the community, sorry.
I haven't forgotten your request and the inconvenience generated by the session timeout.
As said, our web-dev is looking into it. Keeping on posting the same request over and over is annoying as well as the session timeout issue.

@mschnell, I was at the ADC (Audio Developer Conference) and I could not check the messages on the community, sorry. I haven't forgotten your request and the inconvenience generated by the session timeout. As said, our web-dev is looking into it. Keeping on posting the same request over and over is annoying as well as the session timeout issue.

OK, From now on I'll be posting bumps not more often than once a month.
Thanks,
-Michael

OK, From now on I'll be posting bumps not more often than once a month. Thanks, -Michael
edited Nov 24 '18 at 9:37 am

What did you do ?
No re-logging in necessary since several days !

Thanks !!
-Michael

What did you do ? No re-logging in necessary since several days ! Thanks !! -Michael
edited Dec 16 '18 at 5:30 am

Hi @mschnell !
We have updated the community web-app with some bug-fixes

Emanuele

Hi @mschnell ! We have updated the community web-app with some bug-fixes Emanuele
edited Dec 20 '18 at 3:44 pm

Great !

No logins necessary for several days smile , but the last three times I needed to re-login.

I'll be watching this some more days and report to you.

-Michael

Great ! No logins necessary for several days :) , but the last three times I needed to re-login. I'll be watching this some more days and report to you. -Michael

Some three days it worked nicely, but then it got back to "normal", having me do the complicated login process every time. smile
I have no idea what triggered the change to and fro.
Have a goo New Year !!!
-Michael

Some three days it worked nicely, but then it got back to "normal", having me do the complicated login process every time. :( I have no idea what triggered the change to and fro. Have a goo New Year !!! -Michael
edited Dec 30 '18 at 8:29 am

I promised to report this problem once a month: I still need to do the complete login procedure every day, and the Forum software makes this procedure extremely hard.

Moreover a new problem: The yellow "new" flag now shows for messages I already read a week ago.

Of course I don't expect an answer before NAMM ends.

-Michael

I promised to report this problem once a month: I still need to do the complete login procedure every day, and the Forum software makes this procedure extremely hard. Moreover a new problem: The yellow "new" flag now shows for messages I already read a week ago. Of course I don't expect an answer before NAMM ends. -Michael

As promised just a monthly bump:

With other forum software I can "stay logged in" when I set the appropriate option (this feature is accomplished via some cookie), and then I close to never need to provide user name and password.

And if I need to provide user name and password, FireFox detects the fields for this and automatically provided the content of same, if I had agreed to have it store them. So I just need to hit Return.

With this forum

• there is no "stay logged in" selection: I need to re-log-in every time I come back (usually twice a day)
  • FireFox can't detect the "username" and "password" fields as being this function and hence can't provide the content, hence I need to completely type the words every time
  • when I go to "login" the login page is shown and then immediately replaced by a page showing the products
  • hence I need to press "backspace" to return to the login page
  • I need to use the mouse to focus the username field, as it is not focused any more
  • I need to explicitly type the user name
  • I need to change to the password field
  • I need to explicitly type the password
  • in many cases I need to press F5 to refresh the page, as it still shows "login" instead of "mschnell"

smile
-Michael

As promised just a monthly bump: With other forum software I can "stay logged in" when I set the appropriate option (this feature is accomplished via some cookie), and then I close to never need to provide user name and password. And if I need to provide user name and password, FireFox detects the fields for this and automatically provided the content of same, if I had agreed to have it store them. So I just need to hit Return. With this forum - there is no "stay logged in" selection: I need to re-log-in every time I come back (usually twice a day) - FireFox can't detect the "username" and "password" fields as being this function and hence can't provide the content, hence I need to completely type the words every time - when I go to "login" the login page is shown and then immediately replaced by a page showing the products - hence I need to press "backspace" to return to the login page - I need to use the mouse to focus the username field, as it is not focused any more - I need to explicitly type the user name - I need to change to the password field - I need to explicitly type the password - in many cases I need to press F5 to refresh the page, as it still shows "login" instead of "mschnell" :( -Michael
edited Mar 3 at 6:29 am

Monthly reminder: No change, as far as I can see.
-Michael

Monthly reminder: No change, as far as I can see. -Michael

@mschnell good news: we have fixed the login loop on our pre-production environment. We will deploy the fix to the production server soon!

@mschnell good news: we have fixed the login loop on our pre-production environment. We will deploy the fix to the production server soon!

Right before the end of the month smilesmile

Lets see...
-Michael

Right before the end of the month :) :) Lets see... -Michael

I has gotten even worse.

Now I need to additionally wait a long time and then re-load the page before getting in the logged-in state in the forum.

(While I now get auto-logged-in - even if this also takes a long time - to the "my products" page.)

-Michael

I has gotten even worse. Now I need to additionally wait a long time and then re-load the page before getting in the logged-in state in the forum. (While I now get auto-logged-in - even if this also takes a long time - to the "my products" page.) -Michael
edited Jun 10 at 4:43 am
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft