Setup tips & FAQs
Font size for older instruments (Flutes, for example) too small. How to increase? Reverb quality...

I just got the whole bundle of SWAM instruments and the UI for the newer strings and brass looks great, however the older instruments like flute have very tiny fonts on my laptop that I can barely see. I should note that I am running this on Linux with Wine. Is there any way to increase the font size or zoom in? I tried change the screen resolution setting in winecfg but that only changed it for the newer instruments.

Also the built-in reverb sounds a bit tinny to me. I can hear a definite echo pulse in the reverb. I seem to get better/smoother results by changing the reverb mix to 0 and using an external reverb. I tested on a Mac and got the same sound. I'll admit these are only my first impressions and I haven't read the manual yet, so I could be missing something. Some more reverb options would be welcome. For example Pianoteq has more options in that area.

All together I am really impressed. I think it will take a while to get the best settings and controllers setup, but there is a lot of flexibility there to get the sound you want.

I just got the whole bundle of SWAM instruments and the UI for the newer strings and brass looks great, however the older instruments like flute have very tiny fonts on my laptop that I can barely see. I should note that I am running this on Linux with Wine. Is there any way to increase the font size or zoom in? I tried change the screen resolution setting in winecfg but that only changed it for the newer instruments. Also the built-in reverb sounds a bit tinny to me. I can hear a definite echo pulse in the reverb. I seem to get better/smoother results by changing the reverb mix to 0 and using an external reverb. I tested on a Mac and got the same sound. I'll admit these are only my first impressions and I haven't read the manual yet, so I could be missing something. Some more reverb options would be welcome. For example Pianoteq has more options in that area. All together I am really impressed. I think it will take a while to get the best settings and controllers setup, but there is a lot of flexibility there to get the sound you want.

I did not try this yet, but you can find a ton of great information on using VST instruments in Wine here
-> https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52
-Michael

I did not try this yet, but you can find a ton of great information on using VST instruments in Wine here -> https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52 -Michael

Hi @allan .

Solo Woodwinds v2 are still on an "old" technology, so there is no way to change window or font size.
We started the porting of "old" instruments to the new technology (i.e. the one used when we started developing the Solo Brass) more than one year ago. We have released Solo Strings v3 and dismissed Solo Strings v2. Currently we are still working on the porting of Solo Woodwinds to v3.
Once Solo Woodwinds v3, all instruments will be aligned and we will dismiss v2.

As for the Reverb, the embedded one has the purpose of providing a bit of wet sound to a model that by definition is dry. An external reverb is usually better than the embedded one.

Hi @allan . Solo Woodwinds v2 are still on an "old" technology, so there is no way to change window or font size. We started the porting of "old" instruments to the new technology (i.e. the one used when we started developing the Solo Brass) more than one year ago. We have released Solo Strings v3 and dismissed Solo Strings v2. Currently we are still working on the porting of Solo Woodwinds to v3. Once Solo Woodwinds v3, all instruments will be aligned and we will dismiss v2. As for the Reverb, the embedded one has the purpose of providing a bit of wet sound to a model that by definition is dry. An external reverb is usually better than the embedded one.
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft