Solo Woodwinds
SWAM v3 "key delay"/responsiveness

Thanks for the woodwinds upgrade, particularly the saxophones! I haven't had a chance to work with it a whole lot, but I'm liking the sounds the different models offer, and I feel with some tweaking, it might be a reasonable alternative when I can't carry my saxophone with me.

My only real slight possible issue is that there feels to be a bit of a built in latency; I actually noticed this in the brass with the v3 engine, but I didn't know if I was missing a setting to change it, there just seemed like there was a slight bit of lag behind the v2 saxes, and say synthesizer patches I had running in unison. It's not even that big of an issue in the grand scheme, but it usually precludes me from playing solos on up tempo bebop or certain Coltrane compositions, I just have to switch to another instrument patch.

The only thing I can liken it to is setting the "key delay" on my EWI too high. I know a fair amount about my latency and buffer settings, but this is a separate issue that feels like a setting I may be missing in the engine itself; sample based instruments and other synthesizers respond just a hair faster under the same settings, and my DAW isn't reporting any added latency with the plugin.

Any thoughts on this or settings suggestions would be appreciated. Other than that, great upgrade so far, thanks!

Thanks for the woodwinds upgrade, particularly the saxophones! I haven't had a chance to work with it a whole lot, but I'm liking the sounds the different models offer, and I feel with some tweaking, it might be a reasonable alternative when I can't carry my saxophone with me. My only real slight possible issue is that there feels to be a bit of a built in latency; I actually noticed this in the brass with the v3 engine, but I didn't know if I was missing a setting to change it, there just seemed like there was a slight bit of lag behind the v2 saxes, and say synthesizer patches I had running in unison. It's not even that big of an issue in the grand scheme, but it usually precludes me from playing solos on up tempo bebop or certain Coltrane compositions, I just have to switch to another instrument patch. The only thing I can liken it to is setting the "key delay" on my EWI too high. I know a fair amount about my latency and buffer settings, but this is a separate issue that feels like a setting I may be missing in the engine itself; sample based instruments and other synthesizers respond just a hair faster under the same settings, and my DAW isn't reporting any added latency with the plugin. Any thoughts on this or settings suggestions would be appreciated. Other than that, great upgrade so far, thanks!

One other way I can tell there is some sort of delay or correction going on, when I play with certain other plugins, they expose more of my mistakes or technical flaws. For instance, if I'm drilling scales or working on the octave breaks on the EWI, SWAM v3 is a lot more forgiving in terms of blips and accidental note jumps, which can be a nice help and contribute to a feeling of plug n play, but also a hinderance if I'm looking to put in work on something more technical.

This is the aspect that reminds me of the key delay system on the EWI, it's made because the sensors are actually very sensitive, too sensitive for most at the lower settings, so the slight delay gives you a chance to transition to the right note by adding some latency; I feel as if the same thing might be going on internally with the SWAM engine, at least with my wind controller, I can't say I've tried it with a keyboard or any other method.

One other way I can tell there is some sort of delay or correction going on, when I play with certain other plugins, they expose more of my mistakes or technical flaws. For instance, if I'm drilling scales or working on the octave breaks on the EWI, SWAM v3 is a lot more forgiving in terms of blips and accidental note jumps, which can be a nice help and contribute to a feeling of plug n play, but also a hinderance if I'm looking to put in work on something more technical. This is the aspect that reminds me of the key delay system on the EWI, it's made because the sensors are actually very sensitive, too sensitive for most at the lower settings, so the slight delay gives you a chance to transition to the right note by adding some latency; I feel as if the same thing might be going on internally with the SWAM engine, at least with my wind controller, I can't say I've tried it with a keyboard or any other method.

@SeanTypedThis are you playing SWAM standalone or through a host/DAW?
What are the settings for the sample rate and buffer size of your audio device?

@SeanTypedThis are you playing SWAM standalone or through a host/DAW? What are the settings for the sample rate and buffer size of your audio device?
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft