SWAM
SWAM Setup Questions w/BC and sounding notes?

I'm setting up my SWAM instruments, just got the All In Bundle, and it looks like I have to change the expression from 11 to 2 and save a new default preset.

I've noticed however, that notes still sound even with expression at zero, which is not the behavior I'm looking for -- sound only when using the breath controller otherwise silent, regardless of key pressed or not.

Is there a way to set the instruments up for this?

I'm setting up my SWAM instruments, just got the All In Bundle, and it looks like I have to change the expression from 11 to 2 and save a new default preset. I've noticed however, that notes still sound even with expression at zero, which is not the behavior I'm looking for -- sound only when using the breath controller otherwise silent, regardless of key pressed or not. Is there a way to set the instruments up for this?

Expression is the important parameter with SWAM. It needs to be controlled with a continuous stream of messages from a controller (Breath Controller, Wind Controller, Foot Pedal (less ideal) or modeled in a Midi "articulation" recording / programming.
Just using a Keyboard or a "standard" Midi note script does not work.
If Expression CC = 0 indeed reaches the SWAM engine it will not output any "blown" sound (in Breath Controller Mode)
-Michael

Expression is **the** important parameter with SWAM. It needs to be controlled with a continuous stream of messages from a controller (Breath Controller, Wind Controller, Foot Pedal (less ideal) or modeled in a Midi "articulation" recording / programming. Just using a Keyboard or a "standard" Midi note script does not work. If Expression CC = 0 indeed reaches the SWAM engine it will not output any "blown" sound (in Breath Controller Mode) -Michael
edited Nov 20 at 10:44 am

@whiteletter SWAM provides ready-to-use MIDI presets for several MIDI controllers, including Breath Controllers.

Click on "MIDI" icon -> click "PRESETS" and select "Breath Controller Default".

@whiteletter SWAM provides ready-to-use MIDI presets for several MIDI controllers, including Breath Controllers. Click on "MIDI" icon -> click "PRESETS" and select "Breath Controller Default".
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft