Roadmap
A rough roadmap...

Hi @smolinski

1. exactly, a normal keyboard with a Breath Controller will not work with SWAM integrated in GeoShred.
  2. of course, the standalone version will work with any MIDI controller.
  3. We cannot reveal it yet.
  4. MPE is a standard. So, any device that implements MPE correctly: Seaboard, LinnStrument, for sure.
  5. No
Hi @smolinski 1. exactly, a normal keyboard with a Breath Controller will not work with SWAM integrated in GeoShred. 2. of course, the standalone version will work with any MIDI controller. 3. We cannot reveal it yet. 4. MPE is a standard. So, any device that implements MPE correctly: Seaboard, LinnStrument, for sure. 5. No

@mschnell unfortunately there is a diffused misunderstanding about "MPE".
If only people would read official specifications. BTW: they are available at https://midi.org, I strongly suggest to anybody to subscribe to the MIDI Association, it's free! :-)

MPE specifies how standard MIDI channels, notes and CCs behave for MIDI Polyphonic Expressive instruments.
Since MPE sends notes and messages across several MIDI channels, even if a generator is monophonic, there is no guarantee that it behaves properly. For example, if the monophonic generator is receiving just from a single MIDI channel, there would be many silent notes when the MPE device is sending notes on the other channels.

This is just the most evident technicality to deal with, but there are several other levels of support and optimizations. For example, on some surfaces we know that Expression starts always from zero at each note-on, and this badly affects legato transitions. So we implemented "tricks" to limit such issues (and many others).

Good luck with your plugin, it's not a trivial task.

@mschnell unfortunately there is a diffused misunderstanding about "MPE". If only people would read official specifications. BTW: they are available at https://midi.org, I strongly suggest to anybody to subscribe to the MIDI Association, it's free! :-) MPE specifies how standard MIDI channels, notes and CCs behave for MIDI Polyphonic Expressive instruments. Since MPE sends notes and messages across several MIDI channels, even if a generator is monophonic, there is no guarantee that it behaves properly. For example, if the monophonic generator is receiving just from a single MIDI channel, there would be many silent notes when the MPE device is sending notes on the other channels. This is just the most evident technicality to deal with, but there are several other levels of support and optimizations. For example, on some surfaces we know that Expression starts always from zero at each note-on, and this badly affects legato transitions. So we implemented "tricks" to limit such issues (and many others). Good luck with your plugin, it's not a trivial task.

@Wouter @bobseverns Luckily, all the team is safe and healthy! The Coronavirus forced us to work remotely, anyway we are up and running, and working hard to improve our SWAM models and add features to Camelot.​

iOS version is still on track: beta testing for SWAM Solo Brass has already started and we are receiving the first feedbacks from beta testers. They are really useful indeed, as we are reconsidering some aspects.

We are sorry that you are still holding on, but please consider that we are dealing with several other concurrent things:

• we are finalizing a big update of Camelot Pro
  • we have managed a few new partnerships and promos with existing partners: Divisimate, ILIO, moForte, Yamaha, Studiologic, Dr. Mix (and others we cannot reveal yet...)
  • we are developing the integration with GeoShred
  • we are about to release an update of SWAM Solo Brass for Desktop with several improvements and bug-fixes

Stay safe!

@Wouter @bobseverns Luckily, all the team is safe and healthy! The Coronavirus forced us to work remotely, anyway we are up and running, and working hard to improve our SWAM models and add features to Camelot.‚Äč iOS version is still on track: beta testing for SWAM Solo Brass has already started and we are receiving the first feedbacks from beta testers. They are really useful indeed, as we are reconsidering some aspects. We are sorry that you are still holding on, but please consider that we are dealing with several other concurrent things: - we are finalizing a big update of Camelot Pro - we have managed a few new partnerships and promos with existing partners: Divisimate, ILIO, moForte, Yamaha, Studiologic, Dr. Mix (and others we cannot reveal yet...) - we are developing the integration with GeoShred - we are about to release an update of SWAM Solo Brass for Desktop with several improvements and bug-fixes Stay safe!

Good luck with your plugin, it's not a trivial task.

It works just fine since several months. smile
(And of course I do know the MPE specs very well smilesmilesmile )

-Michael

> Good luck with your plugin, it's not a trivial task. It works just fine since several months. :) (And of course I do know the MPE specs very well :) :) :) ) -Michael
edited Apr 5 at 10:30 pm

Hi! Will the brass plug-ins for Roli Noise be available in addition to your iOS release and Geoshred?

Hi! Will the brass plug-ins for Roli Noise be available in addition to your iOS release and Geoshred?

Hey team, any word on if you ever plan on having a logical plan for releases on the ipad, or are you having too much fun just doing whatever feels right after you take a bunch of whippets? ROLI noise exclusivity for no reason for years, then dropping support for it... geoshred separate releases to standalone apps, which we don't have any info on. I for one would enjoy if you separated every preset into a different product. So you can only access the tenor sax on geoshred, and to open the flute, you have to open Neo Souls Keys Studio 2. I want to be able to use the trombones in the solo brass pack in the standalone solo brass app, but I want the trumpet to be exclusive in the Future Drummer app by Lumbeat. The cello should only be available in the Garageband, which can not be used in AUM or audiobus. Maybe you could announce the release date for November, but then not even start beta testing for another 6 months. I'm sure y'all will surprise me with your creativity, whatever you do, as always smile

Hey team, any word on if you ever plan on having a logical plan for releases on the ipad, or are you having too much fun just doing whatever feels right after you take a bunch of whippets? ROLI noise exclusivity for no reason for years, then dropping support for it... geoshred separate releases to standalone apps, which we don't have any info on. I for one would enjoy if you separated every preset into a different product. So you can only access the tenor sax on geoshred, and to open the flute, you have to open Neo Souls Keys Studio 2. I want to be able to use the trombones in the solo brass pack in the standalone solo brass app, but I want the trumpet to be exclusive in the Future Drummer app by Lumbeat. The cello should only be available in the Garageband, which can not be used in AUM or audiobus. Maybe you could announce the release date for November, but then not even start beta testing for another 6 months. I'm sure y'all will surprise me with your creativity, whatever you do, as always :)

It's a shame that there are so many totally different incompatible system that might be worth supporting: currently Windows on X86-32/64, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android Pad, Android Phone, upcoming: Windows on ARM, ...
But what I might want is tiny embedded boxes like RasPi. (In fact some time ago something like this has even been demonstrated in this forum !)
-Michael

It's a shame that there are so many totally different incompatible system that might be worth supporting: currently Windows on X86-32/64, PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android Pad, Android Phone, upcoming: Windows on ARM, ... But what I might want is tiny embedded boxes like RasPi. (In fact some time ago something like this has even been demonstrated in this forum !) -Michael

@Sclurbs I have a better idea! You can be the CEO of Audio Modeling and decide yourself :-)

Cheers! :-)

@Sclurbs I have a better idea! You can be the CEO of Audio Modeling and decide yourself :-) Cheers! :-)

As the newest CEO of SWAM, I just want to congratulate everyone on the job well done of announcing a May release of brass ios and audio modules for Camelot, but by the time May hits still not giving any info on a release schedule. Might I suggest announcing the official day for the May release date, in June? Something like this: it's June 24th, and you casually update this obscure difficult to find forum page with the grand announcement: brass ios official release, May 1st. The twist: don't release anything until April 1st 2021

Now, where's my money? I want to start a stock buy back program

As the newest CEO of SWAM, I just want to congratulate everyone on the job well done of announcing a May release of brass ios and audio modules for Camelot, but by the time May hits still not giving any info on a release schedule. Might I suggest announcing the official day for the May release date, in June? Something like this: it's June 24th, and you casually update this obscure difficult to find forum page with the grand announcement: brass ios official release, May 1st. The twist: don't release anything until April 1st 2021 Now, where's my money? I want to start a stock buy back program

@Sclurbs you are funny! smile

The first sentence of the roadmap post is "Things are evolving each day at Audio Modeling, so we are not able to provide dates "written in the stone"."

As everybody knows and already mentioned several times, this roadmap is something "intimate" that we share with our community, week by week, as things evolve. Is nothing written in the stone, is not an agreement that we must comply with. It is just a closer involvement of our community to our day by day plans.

If the reaction is a complaint about deadlines not being respected, then it's better we remove the post.

Cheers!

@Sclurbs you are funny! :D The first sentence of the roadmap post is "Things are evolving each day at Audio Modeling, so we are not able to provide dates "written in the stone"." As everybody knows and already mentioned several times, this roadmap is something "intimate" that we share with our community, week by week, as things evolve. Is nothing written in the stone, is not an agreement that we must comply with. It is just a closer involvement of our community to our day by day plans. If the reaction is a complaint about deadlines not being respected, then it's better we remove the post. Cheers!

So what you're telling me is that there is no May release. Got it.

So what you're telling me is that there is no May release. Got it.

I too am frustrated with unmet deadlines, unclear communication, and confusing integration with too many products. I believe I speak for many other iOS users when I say I don’t care about Camelot, roli, or GeoShred integration. Most iOS musicians live and work inside AUM. Just give us a polished au plugin with extensive midi mapping capabilities. Strings should be way more of a priority than brass. Ask anyone which they would rather have, and most would say strings more than brass.

I too am frustrated with unmet deadlines, unclear communication, and confusing integration with too many products. I believe I speak for many other iOS users when I say I don’t care about Camelot, roli, or GeoShred integration. Most iOS musicians live and work inside AUM. Just give us a polished au plugin with extensive midi mapping capabilities. Strings should be way more of a priority than brass. Ask anyone which they would rather have, and most would say strings more than brass.

I do see that Live playing "in the streets" - e.g. with a Wind Controller - might be a nice goal for using SWAM on iOS. But Strings ? OK that is fun in a session e.g. with a Seaboard, which OTOH is rather handy but still bulky compared to a Wind Controller.
But for all other purposes why not use decent (more "stationary" ) hardware ?
And for a self contained "Live Wind Instrument", dedicated hardware (e.g. a RasPi) would be a much cheaper choice for a not-yet-released software version.
-Michael

I do see that Live playing "in the streets" - e.g. with a Wind Controller - might be a nice goal for using SWAM on iOS. But Strings ? OK that is fun in a session e.g. with a Seaboard, which OTOH is rather handy but still bulky compared to a Wind Controller. But for all other purposes why not use decent (more "stationary" ) hardware ? And for a self contained "Live Wind Instrument", dedicated hardware (e.g. a RasPi) would be a much cheaper choice for a not-yet-released software version. -Michael
edited May 27 at 9:51 am

Dreaming to play SWAM on iOS with my windcontroller. My faves are the saxophones, violin and cello. Others may have different preferences, of course. Hoping (for about a year now?) that the dream becomes reality soon. I understand that this is a Roadmap, not a plan with deadlines, and I thank our friends at AudioModeling for sharing it with us. Keep safe and keep up the creative work ~ looking out for good news soon.

Wouter smile

Dreaming to play SWAM on iOS with my windcontroller. My faves are the saxophones, violin and cello. Others may have different preferences, of course. Hoping (for about a year now?) that the dream becomes reality soon. I understand that this is a Roadmap, not a plan with deadlines, and I thank our friends at AudioModeling for sharing it with us. Keep safe and keep up the creative work ~ looking out for good news soon. Wouter :)

@Ion677 you did not understand our aim. We have clarified many times:

"Things are evolving each day at Audio Modeling, so we are not able to provide dates "written in the stone"."

As everybody knows and already mentioned several times, this roadmap is something "intimate" that we share with our community, week by week, as things evolve. Is nothing written in the stone, is not an agreement that we must comply with. It is just a closer involvement of our community to our day by day plans.

If the reaction is a complaint about deadlines not being respected, then it's better we remove the post.

This "rough roadmap" is not an official press release of our deadlines.

We do not see any "unclear communication". Can you please bring some examples?

Also, you have priorities that may not match with the ones of many other users.

If we haven't released SWAM for iOS yet, it's not because we are sleeping, it's because we want to offer a high quality, reliable product. If we are not ok with the quality of the software, we will not release it until everything is supposed to work as expected.

Cheers!

@Ion677 you did not understand our aim. We have clarified many times: > "Things are evolving each day at Audio Modeling, so we are not able to provide dates "written in the stone"." > As everybody knows and already mentioned several times, this roadmap is something "intimate" that we share with our community, week by week, as things evolve. Is nothing written in the stone, is not an agreement that we must comply with. It is just a closer involvement of our community to our day by day plans. > If the reaction is a complaint about deadlines not being respected, then it's better we remove the post. This "rough roadmap" is not an official press release of our deadlines. We do not see any "unclear communication". Can you please bring some examples? Also, you have priorities that may not match with the ones of many other users. If we haven't released SWAM for iOS yet, it's not because we are sleeping, it's because we want to offer a high quality, reliable product. If we are not ok with the quality of the software, we will not release it until everything is supposed to work as expected. Cheers!

I can't agree with this. I think that Audio Modeling has generally been pretty consistent with the "rough road map", and the current Covid-19 situation can only have made things more difficult. In addition, I'm more interested in brass than strings - everyone has different needs. Yeah, I wish that SWAM v3 would be released sooner but, hey, some things take time and I can appreciate that...I just have to be patient.

I too am frustrated with unmet deadlines, unclear communication, and confusing integration with too many products. I believe I speak for many other iOS users when I say I don’t care about Camelot, roli, or GeoShred integration. Most iOS musicians live and work inside AUM. Just give us a polished au plugin with extensive midi mapping capabilities. Strings should be way more of a priority than brass. Ask anyone which they would rather have, and most would say strings more than brass.>

I can't agree with this. I think that Audio Modeling has generally been pretty consistent with the "rough road map", and the current Covid-19 situation can only have made things more difficult. In addition, I'm more interested in brass than strings - everyone has different needs. Yeah, I wish that SWAM v3 would be released sooner but, hey, some things take time and I can appreciate that...I just have to be patient. > I too am frustrated with unmet deadlines, unclear communication, and confusing integration with too many products. I believe I speak for many other iOS users when I say I don’t care about Camelot, roli, or GeoShred integration. Most iOS musicians live and work inside AUM. Just give us a polished au plugin with extensive midi mapping capabilities. Strings should be way more of a priority than brass. Ask anyone which they would rather have, and most would say strings more than brass.>
edited May 28 at 1:45 pm

BTW.: Why not nag at Native instruments' for an iOS version of Kontakt ? That would enable hundreds of virtual instruments to run on that platform smilesmilesmilesmile
Obviously, this is not an easy task ....
-Michael

BTW.: Why not nag at Native instruments' for an iOS version of Kontakt ? That would enable hundreds of virtual instruments to run on that platform :) :) :) :) **Obviously**, this is not an easy task .... -Michael
edited May 28 at 11:40 am

BTW.: Why not nag at Native instruments' for an iOS version of Kontakt ?

smile

> BTW.: Why not nag at Native instruments' for an iOS version of Kontakt ? :D
edited May 28 at 5:01 pm

BTW.: Why not nag at Native instruments' for an iOS version of Kontakt ?

Pretty sure it's because Native Instruments doesn't have an active thread that strongly suggested to its fans the imminent iOS release version of Kontakt every month since last November and left people who bought Camelot for the audio modules wondering why they did that. But what do I know

> BTW.: Why not nag at Native instruments' for an iOS version of Kontakt ? Pretty sure it's because Native Instruments doesn't have an active thread that strongly suggested to its fans the imminent iOS release version of Kontakt every month since last November and left people who bought Camelot for the audio modules wondering why they did that. But what do I know
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft