Roadmap
A rough roadmap...

@mschnell

Did you see my ReaPack -> Midi CC fluctuation plugin ? Same might help to create a realistic ensemble from multiple solo instruments by doing a humanized modulation of several performance parameters.>

I don't have any idea what this is.

@mschnell > Did you see my ReaPack -> Midi CC fluctuation plugin ? Same might help to create a realistic ensemble from multiple solo instruments by doing a humanized modulation of several performance parameters.> I don't have any idea what this is.

So you don't use Reaper ? (Somehow I seemed to remember you did.)
Here the documentation of Midi CC fluctuation:

MIDI CC fluctuation generates a randomly fluctuating 14 bit (high resolution) CC Midi data stream.
The fluctuation is generated by randomly increasing / decreasing the current CC value. The way this is done, can be "humanized" by several parameters.
"Midi Channel" selects the Midi channel to output the CC messages
"CC" selects th CC number. As High resolution CC is used, only CC#s 0..31 are selectable.
"Delta wide (~ ^1)" controls the amount the delta increasing / decreasing the output as a equally distributed random value
"Delta mid (~ ^3)" controls the amount the delta increasing / decreasing the output as a random value controls the that covers the extreme ends less often
"Delta narrow (~ ^5)" controls the amount the delta increasing / decreasing the output as a random value controls the that covers the extreme ends even less often
"Hold speed": for humanizing, a directivity of the fluctuation is implemented. This parameter defines how often then the preferred direction and migrating speed is supposed to change
"Hold mix" defines the intensity of the directivity vs a purely random walk
"Speed (Roughness, exponential scale)" controls the total amount of the random value that is added to the current output value. The actual factor is calculated using an exponential curve regarding the value set here.
"Fade (~ ^1)" defines the force to pull back the output to the center in a linear (proportional to the displacement) way.
"Fade if wide (~ ^3)" defines the force to pull back the output to the center in a way increasing with the displacement
"Fade if even wider (~ ^5)" defines the force to pull back the output to the center in a way increasing with the displacement even more.
"maximum step" defines the step size (per audio block) to the raw output is allowed to fluctuate
"gain" and "bias": values to multiply the output with and to add to the output
The other sliders show the generate signals in realtime:
"Delta": the current raw random delta value
"Hold": the current hold / directivity value
"Delta with Hold": value to be added to the raw result
"Result raw": Result before applying gain and bias
"Result -1 ... 1": Normalized output value
"Result Midi (0 ... 16383)": High resolution Midi CC output value
A graphics shows the history of the "Delta with Hold" value in blue and the history of the output value in yellow. The gray line defines the center (Zero / CC value = 8191), the purple line shows the average of the output during the shown range of time.

In Reaper you can easily installable it via ReaPack.
In other DAWs it should be usable via ReaJS which is part of the free ReaPlugs provided by Cocos.
-Michael

So you don't use Reaper ? (Somehow I seemed to remember you did.) Here the documentation of Midi CC fluctuation: _MIDI CC fluctuation generates a randomly fluctuating 14 bit (high resolution) CC Midi data stream. The fluctuation is generated by randomly increasing / decreasing the current CC value. The way this is done, can be "humanized" by several parameters. "Midi Channel" selects the Midi channel to output the CC messages "CC" selects th CC number. As High resolution CC is used, only CC#s 0..31 are selectable. "Delta wide (~ ^1)" controls the amount the delta increasing / decreasing the output as a equally distributed random value "Delta mid (~ ^3)" controls the amount the delta increasing / decreasing the output as a random value controls the that covers the extreme ends less often "Delta narrow (~ ^5)" controls the amount the delta increasing / decreasing the output as a random value controls the that covers the extreme ends even less often "Hold speed": for humanizing, a directivity of the fluctuation is implemented. This parameter defines how often then the preferred direction and migrating speed is supposed to change "Hold mix" defines the intensity of the directivity vs a purely random walk "Speed (Roughness, exponential scale)" controls the total amount of the random value that is added to the current output value. The actual factor is calculated using an exponential curve regarding the value set here. "Fade (~ ^1)" defines the force to pull back the output to the center in a linear (proportional to the displacement) way. "Fade if wide (~ ^3)" defines the force to pull back the output to the center in a way increasing with the displacement "Fade if even wider (~ ^5)" defines the force to pull back the output to the center in a way increasing with the displacement even more. "maximum step" defines the step size (per audio block) to the raw output is allowed to fluctuate "gain" and "bias": values to multiply the output with and to add to the output The other sliders show the generate signals in realtime: "Delta": the current raw random delta value "Hold": the current hold / directivity value "Delta with Hold": value to be added to the raw result "Result raw": Result before applying gain and bias "Result -1 ... 1": Normalized output value "Result Midi (0 ... 16383)": High resolution Midi CC output value A graphics shows the history of the "Delta with Hold" value in blue and the history of the output value in yellow. The gray line defines the center (Zero / CC value = 8191), the purple line shows the average of the output during the shown range of time._ In Reaper you can easily installable it via ReaPack. In other DAWs it should be usable via ReaJS which is part of the free ReaPlugs provided by Cocos. -Michael

mschnell

Probably a dumb question. This looks like a great tool, but how do you use it? Is it an effect? I tried installing to Reaper via Reapack but can't figure out how to load it.

mschnell Probably a dumb question. This looks like a great tool, but how do you use it? Is it an effect? I tried installing to Reaper via Reapack but can't figure out how to load it.

What exactly do you see ?
It's an effect and you load it into a track like any other VST or JSFX effect before (above) the VSTis of your ensemble.
Now you should be able to watch it's GUI Window.
As described in the "About" doc, here you have multiple sliders to configure the behavior and a graphics window showing the result as a curve.
Each instance of Midi CC fluctuation provides a single modulated "high resolution" 14 Bit CC# (as described in the doc), transferred as two 7 bit CC#s - and a Midi channel - as described in the Midi standard. Same can be used to modulate a single parameter in a VSTi.
In Reaper, the Modulation can be done in two ways:

1. the CC can be received by the plugin itself. As most VSTis can't cope with 14 Bit CCs the second (low 7 bit) CC will be ignored. (But obviously you can't use that CC# for any other purpose.
  2. you can use [PARAM] -> FX Parameter list -> Parameter modulation / Midi Link to modulate the appropriate DAW Parameter of the VST. Here you can easily set the 14 Bit CC.

Obviously to do a modulation of multiple parameters and multiple VSTis, you need an appropriate number of Midi CC fluctuation instances. E.g. to modulate three parameters in a set of four instruments, you need 12 instances. Here it might help that you can use one Midi channel to access the VSTi directly (by notes etc), and some other Midi channels to tweak the parameters via [PARAM] -> FX Parameter list -> Parameter modulation / Midi Link

Let me know hat you find !
-Michael

What exactly do you see ? It's an effect and you load it into a track like any other VST or JSFX effect **before** (above) the VSTis of your ensemble. Now you should be able to watch it's GUI Window. As described in the "About" doc, here you have multiple sliders to configure the behavior and a graphics window showing the result as a curve. Each instance of Midi CC fluctuation provides a single modulated "high resolution" 14 Bit CC# (as described in the doc), transferred as two 7 bit CC#s - and a Midi channel - as described in the Midi standard. Same can be used to modulate a single parameter in a VSTi. In Reaper, the Modulation can be done in two ways: 1. the CC can be received by the plugin itself. As most VSTis can't cope with 14 Bit CCs the second (low 7 bit) CC will be ignored. (But obviously you can't use that CC# for any other purpose. 2. you can use [PARAM] -> FX Parameter list -> Parameter modulation / Midi Link to modulate the appropriate DAW Parameter of the VST. Here you can easily set the 14 Bit CC. Obviously to do a modulation of multiple parameters and multiple VSTis, you need an appropriate number of Midi CC fluctuation instances. E.g. to modulate three parameters in a set of four instruments, you need 12 instances. Here it might help that you can use one Midi channel to access the VSTi directly (by notes etc), and some other Midi channels to tweak the parameters via [PARAM] -> FX Parameter list -> Parameter modulation / Midi Link Let me know hat you find ! -Michael
edited Jan 6 at 5:17 pm

No, I use MainStage.

Regardless, it’d be great if @admin could flesh out a few more details concerning SWAM Ensembles so that I can decide which product might best serve my needs i.e. Solo Brass or Ensembles.

No, I use MainStage. Regardless, it’d be great if @admin could flesh out a few more details concerning SWAM Ensembles so that I can decide which product might best serve my needs i.e. Solo Brass or Ensembles.

I don't think they're gonna be separate products. I think it will be both Solo & Ensemble Brass as one package (once the ensembles are done). Same for Strings.

I think they will just add ensemble building functionality and presets to the existing libraries.

I don't think they're gonna be separate products. I think it will be both Solo & Ensemble Brass as one package (once the ensembles are done). Same for Strings. I think they will just add ensemble building functionality and presets to the existing libraries.

Hi folks!

Just updated the Roadmap. Also added some notes about SWAM v3 (including Solo Brass).

As for Ensembles: they will be developed through all 2020, they will be based on current "Solo" models, adding A LOT of work, taking into account "humanization" among all players of the section, ambience, early reflections, phase scrambling, and so on.

They will be new products, not an "add-on" to current Solo products.

Of course, we will make some convenient bundles.

Too early to say anything about prices. So, don't ask yet ;-)

Hi folks! Just updated the Roadmap. Also added some notes about SWAM v3 (including Solo Brass). As for Ensembles: they will be developed through all 2020, they will be based on current "Solo" models, adding A LOT of work, taking into account "humanization" among all players of the section, ambience, early reflections, phase scrambling, and so on. They will be new products, not an "add-on" to current Solo products. Of course, we will make some convenient bundles. Too early to say anything about prices. So, don't ask yet ;-)

At least we know the price for GeoShred In-App Purchases: 15USD per Audio Modeling instrument supported. Q2 release. No word yet on how these instruments relate to AUv3.

At least we [know the price](https://mailchi.mp/moforte/namm2020-press-release "moForte Press Release") for GeoShred In-App Purchases: 15USD per Audio Modeling instrument supported. Q2 release. No word yet on how these instruments relate to AUv3.
edited Jan 14 at 9:40 am

@Enkerli SWAM in GeoShred as AUv3 will be available, but it will respond to MPE only.

@Enkerli SWAM in GeoShred as AUv3 will be available, but it will respond to MPE only.

I hope you can post soon more information about Swam Saxophones v3, I'm really excited and I want to know what's new on the v3 smile

I hope you can post soon more information about Swam Saxophones v3, I'm really excited and I want to know what's new on the v3 :)

Hi everybody!

We have just updated our Roadmap. Please check it.

The most important changes are:

• release of SWAM Solo Brass for iOS shifted to March... we are sorry about it, beta testing and Desktop version finalization took us much more time than expected. Release of Desktop version is confirmed for February 26th
  • Audio FX plugins for Camelot shifted to Spring 2020. On March we will release Master audio effects and the Timeline manager, with both Audio and Video backing tracks and automatic Scene change: those have been prioritized after several feedbacks and some user research during the last weeks
  • details about the partnership with moForte (GeoShred)

Best!

Hi everybody! We have just updated our Roadmap. Please check it. The most important changes are: - release of SWAM Solo Brass for iOS shifted to March... we are sorry about it, beta testing and Desktop version finalization took us much more time than expected. Release of Desktop version is confirmed for February 26th - Audio FX plugins for Camelot shifted to Spring 2020. On March we will release Master audio effects and the Timeline manager, with both Audio and Video backing tracks and automatic Scene change: those have been prioritized after several feedbacks and some user research during the last weeks - details about the partnership with moForte (GeoShred) Best!

Dear Swam team,

I hope you are coping as well as you can possibly can with COVID-19. Sending you ease and health 🤗
Can you share any update on roadmap?

I am looking forward to test and play with SWAM on iPads and recently got iPad Pro largely in anticipation for SWAM iOS.

Warmly,
Kobi

Dear Swam team, I hope you are coping as well as you can possibly can with COVID-19. Sending you ease and health

Hi @Krivlin , thanks for your message.

Luckily, all the team is safe and healthy! The Coronavirus forced us to work remotely, anyway we are up and running, and working hard to improve our SWAM models and add features to Camelot.​

As for SWAM on iOS, we should be able to send a version of SWAM Solo Brass to a first group of Beta testers at the beginning of the next week. I'm sorry for the delays, but we have received many reports after the release of SWAM Solo Brass for Desktop and we wanted to include the same improvements into the iOS version.

Best!

Hi @Krivlin , thanks for your message. Luckily, all the team is safe and healthy! The Coronavirus forced us to work remotely, anyway we are up and running, and working hard to improve our SWAM models and add features to Camelot.‚Äč As for SWAM on iOS, we should be able to send a version of SWAM Solo Brass to a first group of Beta testers at the beginning of the next week. I'm sorry for the delays, but we have received many reports after the release of SWAM Solo Brass for Desktop and we wanted to include the same improvements into the iOS version. Best!

Thank you for your response 🙏
Looking forward to test on iOS.
Kobi

Thank you for your response

I am happy to know about the upcoming iOS support for SWAM instruments. If I understand correctly, they will come in two variants; standalone and as in app purchases in GeoShred. However, I would like some clarification if you please:

1. You mention the GeoShred versions will only support MPE. Does that mean I cannot use a normal keyboard plus my TEControl B&B Controller 2?
  2. If no on 1., will I be able to play the standalone version of the SWAM instruments using the above mentioned controller combination?
  3. Is pricing official yet, and if so, what is the price per instrument?
  4. What kind of MPE controllers are supported? Roli is probably given, but others too?
  5. Is there any plans to make the SWAM packages in Roli Noise also supporting AUv3?
I am happy to know about the upcoming iOS support for SWAM instruments. If I understand correctly, they will come in two variants; standalone and as in app purchases in GeoShred. However, I would like some clarification if you please: 1. You mention the GeoShred versions will only support MPE. Does that mean I cannot use a normal keyboard plus my TEControl B&B Controller 2? 2. If no on 1., will I be able to play the standalone version of the SWAM instruments using the above mentioned controller combination? 3. Is pricing official yet, and if so, what is the price per instrument? 4. What kind of MPE controllers are supported? Roli is probably given, but others too? 5. Is there any plans to make the SWAM packages in Roli Noise also supporting AUv3?
edited Mar 19 at 7:58 pm

You mention the GeoShred versions will only support MPE. Does that mean I cannot use a normal keyboard plus my TEControl B&B Controller 2?

I don't see what "only MPE" is supposed to mean. As long as only a single note is pressed at the same time, the Midi stream sent by an MPE keyboard is identical to a "normal" Midi stream (when receiving in Omni Mode),
OTOH I needed to create a plugin when I decided to play a Monophonic instrument by an MPE keyboard.
-Michael

> You mention the GeoShred versions will only support MPE. Does that mean I cannot use a normal keyboard plus my TEControl B&B Controller 2? I don't see what "only MPE" is supposed to mean. As long as only a single note is pressed at the same time, the Midi stream sent by an MPE keyboard is identical to a "normal" Midi stream (when receiving in Omni Mode), OTOH I needed to create a plugin when I decided to play a Monophonic instrument by an MPE keyboard. -Michael

Hi team,

Best wishes for your safety in these tough times. Warmly appreciate how you’re making our world of music better. Keenly looking out for Swam iOS saxophones and violin. Keep up the good work!

Wouter

Hi team, Best wishes for your safety in these tough times. Warmly appreciate how you’re making our world of music better. Keenly looking out for Swam iOS saxophones and violin. Keep up the good work! Wouter

I pray all is well with the team. I am hoping beyond hope that the iOS standalone/AUV3 roadmap is still on track, but understand with the state of the world today how it is likely pushed back. Please give us something to tide us over, even if it is just another teaser video. Love the work you do! Can't wait!

-Bob
EWI Usb and 5000
iOS and Mac Musician/Composer

I pray all is well with the team. I am hoping beyond hope that the iOS standalone/AUV3 roadmap is still on track, but understand with the state of the world today how it is likely pushed back. Please give us something to tide us over, even if it is just another teaser video. Love the work you do! Can't wait! -Bob EWI Usb and 5000 iOS and Mac Musician/Composer
edited Mar 30 at 6:47 pm
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft