Roadmap
A rough roadmap...

How are things going with the Brass beta program? Are we close to the Strings V3 update?

How are things going with the Brass beta program? Are we close to the Strings V3 update?

I'm truly not trying to be provocative with this reply: I bought the All-In bundle in mid November 2020. Is there any reason why the V3 strings free upgrade wont be offered to loyal customers who have committed to your entire catalogue of instruments, but will being granted to customers late to the game? Part of the reason I purchased the All-In Bundle was knowing that V3 Strings were on the horizon. Again, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. I love your products & keep up the great work!!!!

I'm truly not trying to be provocative with this reply: I bought the All-In bundle in mid November 2020. Is there any reason why the V3 strings free upgrade wont be offered to loyal customers who have committed to your entire catalogue of instruments, but will being granted to customers late to the game? Part of the reason I purchased the All-In Bundle was knowing that V3 Strings were on the horizon. Again, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. I love your products & keep up the great work!!!!
edited Jan 29 at 7:14 pm

@krismiller1982 you're not alone. I bought the Strings with the update in mind, when the update was promised for the same month. Then delayed by a month, then delayed by another month, now delayed until March.

Actually I don't mind at all that it's delayed - software development is a very difficult thing to schedule accurately, and if a little patience brings us a better product, then it's worth it. It just stings a bit that if I hadn't trusted the roadmap I would have been included in the free update period.

@krismiller1982 you're not alone. I bought the Strings with the update in mind, when the update was promised for the same month. Then delayed by a month, then delayed by another month, now delayed until March. Actually I don't mind at all that it's delayed - software development is a very difficult thing to schedule accurately, and if a little patience brings us a better product, then it's worth it. It just stings a bit that if I hadn't trusted the roadmap I would have been included in the free update period.

A couple questions:

• With the new Strings and Woodwinds V3 soon arriving, will it be possible to keep the older versions installed as well (will installing Strings v3 overwrite Strings v2?) For those of us that have spent a lot of time creating presets for those instruments it would be good to have those on standby while we learn and adapt to the new ones just in case. From what you mentioned above it seems that the upcoming versions can open older instrument presets but will still require tweaking as there will be new/different parameters.

• for the Woodwinds (and Brass actually) I'd love for the "breath" parameter to really turn off the sound of air when turned to zero, especially for the flutes.

Thanks for everything! And appreciate the discount on the upcoming v3s

A couple questions: - With the new Strings and Woodwinds V3 soon arriving, will it be possible to keep the older versions installed as well (will installing Strings v3 overwrite Strings v2?) For those of us that have spent a lot of time creating presets for those instruments it would be good to have those on standby while we learn and adapt to the new ones just in case. From what you mentioned above it seems that the upcoming versions can open older instrument presets but will still require tweaking as there will be new/different parameters. - for the Woodwinds (and Brass actually) I'd love for the "breath" parameter to really turn off the sound of air when turned to zero, especially for the flutes. Thanks for everything! And appreciate the discount on the upcoming v3s

@krismiller1982 @alexf I understand your complain, but we are just running a "promotion" (or "pre-order", call it as you like). It would have been the same if we offered a "Spring Sale" or "Launch Offer".
Offers happen time to time, please don't consider it as a spite to our current customers, it's just a way to attract new users.

@andrewkesler Solo Strings v3 is a NEW product, they will not replace v2. You can run all your older projects using v2.
As for breath noise, please send some audio examples of flutes recorded close mike where you do not hear any breath noise. We must preserve realism, a flute with no air sound would sound too much like a sine wave.

Best!

@krismiller1982 @alexf I understand your complain, but we are just running a "promotion" (or "pre-order", call it as you like). It would have been the same if we offered a "Spring Sale" or "Launch Offer". Offers happen time to time, please don't consider it as a spite to our current customers, it's just a way to attract new users. @andrewkesler Solo Strings v3 is a NEW product, they will not replace v2. You can run all your older projects using v2. As for breath noise, please send some audio examples of flutes recorded close mike where you do not hear any breath noise. We must preserve realism, a flute with no air sound would sound too much like a sine wave. Best!

Thanks!

Yes I suppose what I'm really asking for re: flutes is for the breath noise parameter when set to "0" to be even less. I recently did a recreation of "Nimbus 2000" using only SWAM woodwinds and am very happy overall with the results. The one thing I noticed and also many other folks commented was on the level of breath-noise in the flutes compared to everything else. I had also various other processing (EQ, room placement) to try and minimize that noise but would be great to have an option in the plug-in itself to take it down a bit more. I understand it's a delicate balance tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykTRtkvVTeE

Thanks! Yes I suppose what I'm really asking for re: flutes is for the breath noise parameter when set to "0" to be even less. I recently did a recreation of "Nimbus 2000" using only SWAM woodwinds and am very happy overall with the results. The one thing I noticed and also many other folks commented was on the level of breath-noise in the flutes compared to everything else. I had also various other processing (EQ, room placement) to try and minimize that noise but would be great to have an option in the plug-in itself to take it down a bit more. I understand it's a delicate balance tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykTRtkvVTeE

I suppose you claim too much Breath Noise in the high registers (which I never use).
To me in the low registers of the Fllutes in your recording even now sound not realistic due to too few breath. But I see that they blend very nicely with the other instruments due to that.
-Michael

I suppose you claim too much Breath Noise in the high registers (which I never use). To me in the low registers of the Fllutes in your recording even now sound not realistic due to too few breath. But I see that they blend very nicely with the other instruments due to that. -Michael

Will there be a strings iOS beta? Is there still a chance it will release in march?

Will there be a strings iOS beta? Is there still a chance it will release in march?

@Ion677 SWAM Solo Strings v3 public beta for iPad is starting very soon. We will release v3 for Desktop by the end of March, followed by v3 for iPad, probably a couple of weeks later

@Ion677 SWAM Solo Strings v3 public beta for iPad is starting very soon. We will release v3 for Desktop by the end of March, followed by v3 for iPad, probably a couple of weeks later

@admin I know you all are really working hard at V3 for the Strings. But could you all please put out more demos prior to release (before the end of march projected date) we'd like to hear more demos showcasing the new player and sound (if there is an update to the sound engine or overall sound quality which I'm sure there is?). Love you all's product and honestly anticipating the ensembles more than anything. Also, curious if the overall quality of the bass (like upright bass sounds for jazz arrangements) have been enhanced? Current versions seem more harsh overall but I'm sure it's insanely hard to nail down the sound specifically. Anyway, looking forward to hearing more demo's please.

Thanks

@admin I know you all are really working hard at V3 for the Strings. But could you all please put out more demos prior to release (before the end of march projected date) we'd like to hear more demos showcasing the new player and sound (if there is an update to the sound engine or overall sound quality which I'm sure there is?). Love you all's product and honestly anticipating the ensembles more than anything. Also, curious if the overall quality of the bass (like upright bass sounds for jazz arrangements) have been enhanced? Current versions seem more harsh overall but I'm sure it's insanely hard to nail down the sound specifically. Anyway, looking forward to hearing more demo's please. Thanks

The suspense of V3 is killing me..hahaha. Can we please get some demos guys? I just want to hear something like what you all did with the brass... like a demo of the new violin body. please don't wait until the day of to release demos we need to hear something...(I know I'm likely being impatient. just want to hear something).

Thanks

The suspense of V3 is killing me..hahaha. Can we please get some demos guys? I just want to hear something like what you all did with the brass... like a demo of the new violin body. please don't wait until the day of to release demos we need to hear something...(I know I'm likely being impatient. just want to hear something). Thanks

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to share this news in advance, only for this community... the Public Beta Program for SWAM Solo Strings v3 for iPad is OPEN!

Here is the link to the Public Beta Program:

https://audiomodeling.com/beta-program/strings-ios-beta/

Best!
Audio Modeling Team

Hi everyone! I'm happy to share this news in advance, only for this community... the Public Beta Program for SWAM Solo Strings v3 for iPad is OPEN! Here is the link to the Public Beta Program: https://audiomodeling.com/beta-program/strings-ios-beta/ Best! Audio Modeling Team
1 ... 4567
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft