SWAM
Suggestions for playing with TEC breath and bite controller

Hi, All.
I'm a new user of both strings and woodwinds, and am really enjoying with the TEC Breath and Bite Controller 2 (also tilt and nod, so live control of 4 midi parameters at once). Does anyone has favorite "recipes" for live control of the various instruments?

Hi, All. I'm a new user of both strings and woodwinds, and am really enjoying with the TEC Breath and Bite Controller 2 (also tilt and nod, so live control of 4 midi parameters at once). Does anyone has favorite "recipes" for live control of the various instruments?

For Live Playing "on stage", I very happily use the BBCv2 with the Flutes and the SampleModeling Trumpet. I also use it with the Cello, but I feel that I still need to practice a lot to get decent results. Tomorrow, I will get a Roli Seaboard Rise 49, and I suppose same will be more fun with the Cello, and I will investigate how to nicely combine it't 5 dimensional touch to the 4 dimensions provided by the BBC.

Right now I use with the Flutes and the Trumpet:

• Keyboard:
    • Key Velocity -> portamento speed
    • Key aftertouch -> Vibrato intensity
    • Pitch bend wheel up -> Flutter tong
    • Pitch bend wheel down -> Growl
    • Hold Pedal -> Flutter tong (used when playing keyboard stuff with the left hand)
  • BBC
    • Breath pressure -> "Expression"
    • Bite -> "Style" (as no Midi CC available: via VST parameter automation)
    • Head tilt left/right -> Vibrato speed slow/fast
    • Head nod up/down -> Pitch bend up/down

For the Cello I currently use:

• keyboard:
    • Key after touch -> Vibrato depth
    • Expression wheel: bow position
    • Pitch bend wheel up: Flagolet
    • Hold pedal -> reverse bow direction.
  • BBC
    • Breath pressure -> "Expression"
    • Bite -> Bow pressure
    • Head tilt left/right -> Vibrato speed slow/fast
    • Head nod up/down -> Pitch bend up/down

See older more in depth discussions on that in the Sample Modeling Forum.

-Michael

For Live Playing "on stage", I very happily use the BBCv2 with the Flutes and the SampleModeling Trumpet. I also use it with the Cello, but I feel that I still need to practice a lot to get decent results. Tomorrow, I will get a Roli Seaboard Rise 49, and I suppose same will be more fun with the Cello, and I will investigate how to nicely combine it't 5 dimensional touch to the 4 dimensions provided by the BBC. Right now I use with the Flutes and the Trumpet: - Keyboard: - Key Velocity -> portamento speed - Key aftertouch -> Vibrato intensity - Pitch bend wheel up -> Flutter tong - Pitch bend wheel down -> Growl - Hold Pedal -> Flutter tong (used when playing keyboard stuff with the left hand) - BBC - Breath pressure -> "Expression" - Bite -> "Style" (as no Midi CC available: via VST parameter automation) - Head tilt left/right -> Vibrato speed slow/fast - Head nod up/down -> Pitch bend up/down For the Cello I currently use: - keyboard: - Key after touch -> Vibrato depth - Expression wheel: bow position - Pitch bend wheel up: Flagolet - Hold pedal -> reverse bow direction. - BBC - Breath pressure -> "Expression" - Bite -> Bow pressure - Head tilt left/right -> Vibrato speed slow/fast - Head nod up/down -> Pitch bend up/down See older more in depth discussions on that in the Sample Modeling Forum. -Michael
edited Nov 29 '18 at 5:25 am
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft