Camelot
Scene Changes and Layering

I just bought the licence because 10 elements wasn't enough for me to try all the features I need to create my song sets.

I'm trying Kontakt 5 with a very low weight sample set (some customized synth leads from an Emu Proteus Library) but when I change scenes all the samples are reloaded (when I use other sample based VSTi like EzKeys the samples are not reloaded and there is no sound interruption on scene changes)

I'm using this sound set from a long time ago (about 7 years maybe), and the way I use different combinations is sending to Kontakt different midi channels while it keeps loaded all the samples and sounds I need.

Do you have planed to allow to the layers to be used on a complete song/set and have different settings on different scenes?

Now if I use a layer on all the song, is not allowed to recall diferent volume or midi routing/filtering on each scene change and they remains fixed to the last value.

I just bought the licence because 10 elements wasn't enough for me to try all the features I need to create my song sets. I'm trying Kontakt 5 with a very low weight sample set (some customized synth leads from an Emu Proteus Library) but when I change scenes all the samples are reloaded (when I use other sample based VSTi like EzKeys the samples are not reloaded and there is no sound interruption on scene changes) I'm using this sound set from a long time ago (about 7 years maybe), and the way I use different combinations is sending to Kontakt different midi channels while it keeps loaded all the samples and sounds I need. Do you have planed to allow to the layers to be used on a complete song/set and have different settings on different scenes? Now if I use a layer on all the song, is not allowed to recall diferent volume or midi routing/filtering on each scene change and they remains fixed to the last value.

Hi @ander , thanks for asking.

We know that Kontakt reloads the samples at Scene change. It behaves differently from other samplers.

We are studying different approaches to find a workaround for that issue. One of them is exactly what you mentioned: allowing a Song layer to have different settings for each Scene. It's not trivial, anyway. There are several drawbacks that would generate other issues.

Best!

Hi @ander , thanks for asking. We know that Kontakt reloads the samples at Scene change. It behaves differently from other samplers. We are studying different approaches to find a workaround for that issue. One of them is exactly what you mentioned: allowing a Song layer to have different settings for each Scene. It's not trivial, anyway. There are several drawbacks that would generate other issues. Best!
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft