User demos
my SWAM Violin Demo 12

This is my original piece.
I used different violin models experimentally according to the range and each string of the violin.
I think that the realism of each violin model differs depending on the range.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pFkbbIQHF0

BowGesture:Expression
piano:Garritan Abbey Road CFX Lite

Feedback is welcome!

This is my original piece. I used different violin models experimentally according to the range and each string of the violin. I think that the realism of each violin model differs depending on the range. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pFkbbIQHF0 BowGesture:Expression piano:Garritan Abbey Road CFX Lite Feedback is welcome!

The sound seems perfect to me (no expert with classic sounds at all)
But I always find the rather constant vibrato speed, and also the vibrato evolution rather unrealistic.
Since I play violin sounds and AM Cello on the Seaboard with "natural" finger wiggling vibrato, I like playing virtual strings a lot more - even though I still need a lot of practice until something in a quality remotely similar to your example might emerge.
-Michael

The sound seems perfect to me (no expert with classic sounds at all) But I always find the rather constant vibrato speed, and also the vibrato evolution rather unrealistic. Since I play violin sounds and AM Cello on the Seaboard with "natural" finger wiggling vibrato, I like playing virtual strings a lot more - even though I still need a lot of practice until something in a quality remotely similar to your example might emerge. -Michael
edited Aug 2 at 5:23 am

@mschnell

Thank you for your feedback!
The violin vibrato is always a problem for me. I think that the representation of the natural vibrato randomness that a violinist plays probably will be a better result by real-time input such as Seaboard.
I can not play MIDI keyboards well, so MIDI CC is all handwritten, but it may be time to rethink the input device.

Mizuki

@mschnell Thank you for your feedback! The violin vibrato is always a problem for me. I think that the representation of the natural vibrato randomness that a violinist plays probably will be a better result by real-time input such as Seaboard. I can not play MIDI keyboards well, so MIDI CC is all handwritten, but it may be time to rethink the input device. Mizuki
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft