User demos
my SWAM Violin Demo 12

This is my original piece.
I used different violin models experimentally according to the range and each string of the violin.
I think that the realism of each violin model differs depending on the range.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pFkbbIQHF0

BowGesture:Expression
piano:Garritan Abbey Road CFX Lite

Feedback is welcome!

This is my original piece. I used different violin models experimentally according to the range and each string of the violin. I think that the realism of each violin model differs depending on the range. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pFkbbIQHF0 BowGesture:Expression piano:Garritan Abbey Road CFX Lite Feedback is welcome!

The sound seems perfect to me (no expert with classic sounds at all)
But I always find the rather constant vibrato speed, and also the vibrato evolution rather unrealistic.
Since I play violin sounds and AM Cello on the Seaboard with "natural" finger wiggling vibrato, I like playing virtual strings a lot more - even though I still need a lot of practice until something in a quality remotely similar to your example might emerge.
-Michael

The sound seems perfect to me (no expert with classic sounds at all) But I always find the rather constant vibrato speed, and also the vibrato evolution rather unrealistic. Since I play violin sounds and AM Cello on the Seaboard with "natural" finger wiggling vibrato, I like playing virtual strings a lot more - even though I still need a lot of practice until something in a quality remotely similar to your example might emerge. -Michael
edited Aug 2 at 5:23 am

@mschnell

Thank you for your feedback!
The violin vibrato is always a problem for me. I think that the representation of the natural vibrato randomness that a violinist plays probably will be a better result by real-time input such as Seaboard.
I can not play MIDI keyboards well, so MIDI CC is all handwritten, but it may be time to rethink the input device.

Mizuki

@mschnell Thank you for your feedback! The violin vibrato is always a problem for me. I think that the representation of the natural vibrato randomness that a violinist plays probably will be a better result by real-time input such as Seaboard. I can not play MIDI keyboards well, so MIDI CC is all handwritten, but it may be time to rethink the input device. Mizuki

@mschnell @aska3 as for vibrato to be more realistic, a trick can be to map the Vibrato Rate to the same CC as the Expression and limit it, let's say from 50 to 80.

In addition, you may want to increase "Vibrato Random" parameter on the Options page.

@mschnell @aska3 as for vibrato to be more realistic, a trick can be to map the Vibrato Rate to the same CC as the Expression and limit it, let's say from 50 to 80. In addition, you may want to increase "Vibrato Random" parameter on the Options page.
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft