SWAM
Sample Modelling Strings

Any views on https://www.samplemodeling.com/en/tutorials_strings.php?

Just listening to the demos and wonder if anyone has made a comparison yet?

I'm tempted to get this to make even bigger orchestras as they share with SWAM what I feel is the biggest benefit over "normal" libraries like LASS; Realtime input and the Modelling approach instead of static and massively disk intensive libraries instead of played, real time input. Yes the memory required needs a very dedicated computer to realize the true purpose if using massive sections.

I really don't like Keyswitches even though some applications would not be possible without them.

Anybody have both products?

Any views on https://www.samplemodeling.com/en/tutorials_strings.php? Just listening to the demos and wonder if anyone has made a comparison yet? I'm tempted to get this to make even bigger orchestras as they share with SWAM what I feel is the biggest benefit over "normal" libraries like LASS; Realtime input and the Modelling approach instead of static and massively disk intensive libraries instead of played, real time input. Yes the memory required needs a very dedicated computer to realize the true purpose if using massive sections. I really don't like Keyswitches even though some applications would not be possible without them. Anybody have both products?

I have the SM Strings and the AM Cello.
I use the sounds for live solo playing with the Seaboard Rise 49. (I don't do Midi composing at all.)
Regarding the sounds, I find that the SM Violin is great for solo playing. I don't have a SWAM Violin for comparing.
Comparing the Cellos, I find the Kontakt Cello by default to be a very "airy" sound, supposedly perfect for living in a set. Of course the sound can be tweaked to get more body as well with the built-in tools, as with external EQing, multiband compressor etc. Maybe it will do better as a solo instrument that way. The SWAM Cello works great for solo playing out of the box. And like a real instrument, it can do really nasty scratching when creatively using the parameters with live controllers. I suppose it needs a lot of tweaking when you want to use it in a set.
-Michael

I have the SM Strings and the AM Cello. I use the sounds for live solo playing with the Seaboard Rise 49. (I don't do Midi composing at all.) Regarding the sounds, I find that the SM Violin is great for solo playing. I don't have a SWAM Violin for comparing. Comparing the Cellos, I find the Kontakt Cello by default to be a very "airy" sound, supposedly perfect for living in a set. Of course the sound can be tweaked to get more body as well with the built-in tools, as with external EQing, multiband compressor etc. Maybe it will do better as a solo instrument that way. The SWAM Cello works great for solo playing out of the box. And like a real instrument, it can do really nasty scratching when creatively using the parameters with live controllers. I suppose it needs a lot of tweaking when you want to use it in a set. -Michael
edited Oct 8 at 8:07 pm
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft