Solo Woodwinds
Swam Saxophones v3 wishlist

Hi, today I want to share with you my wishlist for v3.

1. Import custom samples (Saxophone samples of course), I always thought it would be great to have that option, because now the program can only use your “Small footprint” as a source material

2. A keyboard only mode (something similar to Yamaha’s Super articulation sounds)

3. Ensemble mode (to quickly create Sax ensembles)

Congratulations, liKe I always say, you have the best virtual instruments on the market. Thank in advance for listening to the costumers.

Hi, today I want to share with you my wishlist for v3. 1. Import custom samples (Saxophone samples of course), I always thought it would be great to have that option, because now the program can only use your “Small footprint” as a source material 2. A keyboard only mode (something similar to Yamaha’s Super articulation sounds) 3. Ensemble mode (to quickly create Sax ensembles) Congratulations, liKe I always say, you have the best virtual instruments on the market. Thank in advance for listening to the costumers.

1) You are on the wrong side of the border requesting this here. The SWAM instruments are not based on samples, but on physical modeling algorithms. This is the perfect way to reproduce complex articulations.
There once was a "Sax Brothers" product by Sample Modeling (not offered any more) that was based on samples and tweaking them in realtime by Kontakt scripts. They use a huge amount of samples to do a single sound and I esteem it to be absolutely impossible to produce an alternative sample set for such an instrument.

2) I do play the SWAM Cello with a Seaboard. Great Fun ! Using just a normal keyboard does not provide the flexibility to translate your body movements to a solo instrument sound in a satisfying way. (I use a TEC BBC2 for the SWAM Flute, and the Sample Modeling Trumpet).

3) Do you mean multiple Instruments playing the same notes or doing a multi note set / choir ?

Regarding your requests, supposedly you are better off with Native Instruments "Session" offers.

-Michael

1) You are on the wrong side of the border requesting this here. The SWAM instruments are not based on samples, but on physical modeling algorithms. This is the perfect way to reproduce complex articulations. There once was a "Sax Brothers" product by Sample Modeling (not offered any more) that was based on samples and tweaking them in realtime by Kontakt scripts. They use a huge amount of samples to do a single sound and I esteem it to be absolutely impossible to produce an alternative sample set for such an instrument. 2) I do play the SWAM Cello with a Seaboard. Great Fun ! Using just a normal keyboard does not provide the flexibility to translate your body movements to a solo instrument sound in a satisfying way. (I use a TEC BBC2 for the SWAM Flute, and the Sample Modeling Trumpet). 3) Do you mean multiple Instruments playing the same notes or doing a multi note set / choir ? Regarding your requests, supposedly you are better off with Native Instruments "Session" offers. -Michael

Hi @mschnell, according to the Audio Modeling web site: “The instruments are sampled chromatically over the whole range normally used in the orchestra. Each note is also sampled at several different dynamic levels. The instruments are recorded in a dry environment with no additional effects to provide an accurate natural representation of each sound”

Swam strings are only based on physical modeling, but this is not the case for the woodwinds instruments, because if I understood correctly, they combines physical modeling with samples, to produce truly expressive virtual instruments without losing the natural timbre of each instrument.

Hi @mschnell, according to the Audio Modeling web site: “The instruments are sampled chromatically over the whole range normally used in the orchestra. Each note is also sampled at several different dynamic levels. The instruments are recorded in a dry environment with no additional effects to provide an accurate natural representation of each sound” Swam strings are only based on physical modeling, but this is not the case for the woodwinds instruments, because if I understood correctly, they combines physical modeling with samples, to produce truly expressive virtual instruments without losing the natural timbre of each instrument.
edited Nov 19 '19 at 3:44 pm

@rbvgenos

1- you are right: Solo Woodwinds include small samples.
Anyway those samples are processed with our proprietary techniques to be used in our SWAM engine. The way we use samples is not like in a sample player, they mostly provide the right attacks and timbre, but that's it. They are continuously morphed in realtime to provide the same control and nuances of a fully physical modeled instrument.
So, it's impossible to load any custom samples.

2- If you need a keyboard only mode, you do not need SWAM, you do not need an expressive instrument that can be controlled in realtime providing your own expressivity.

3- We will work on ensembles on 2020... stay tuned!

Best!

@rbvgenos 1- you are right: Solo Woodwinds include small samples. Anyway those samples are processed with our proprietary techniques to be used in our SWAM engine. The way we use samples is not like in a sample player, they mostly provide the right attacks and timbre, but that's it. They are continuously morphed in realtime to provide the same control and nuances of a fully physical modeled instrument. So, it's impossible to load any custom samples. 2- If you need a keyboard only mode, you do not need SWAM, you do not need an expressive instrument that can be controlled in realtime providing your own expressivity. 3- We will work on ensembles on 2020... stay tuned! Best!

@admin thank you for the answer, the reason I asked for a keyboard only mode is because, for now, my health problems doesn’t allow me to use a pedal or a breath controller, although I Own both. I will try to control the expression with my voice, I have noticed that there is a free plug-in to convert live audio input to midi Cc messages, so I will try it and hope it works

@admin thank you for the answer, the reason I asked for a keyboard only mode is because, for now, my health problems doesn’t allow me to use a pedal or a breath controller, although I Own both. I will try to control the expression with my voice, I have noticed that there is a free plug-in to convert live audio input to midi Cc messages, so I will try it and hope it works

@rbvgenos you can easily assign a slider to Expression and move that one. Or, if your keyboard sends AfterTouch, you can assign Expression to ModWheel (CC#1) and Vibrato Depth to AfterTouch (AT).

@rbvgenos you can easily assign a slider to Expression and move that one. Or, if your keyboard sends AfterTouch, you can assign Expression to ModWheel (CC#1) and Vibrato Depth to AfterTouch (AT).

I will try to control the expression with my voice

Reaper has a volume to automation feature which might do exactly this (let me know if you need any help with Reaper). Moreover I do suppose that there are VST "volume to CC" plugins for that purpose.
-Michael

> I will try to control the expression with my voice Reaper has a volume to automation feature which might do exactly this (let me know if you need any help with Reaper). Moreover I do suppose that there are VST "volume to CC" plugins for that purpose. -Michael
edited Dec 14 '19 at 6:27 am
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft