Solo Woodwinds
Playing keyboard keys triggers sound even when I'm not blowing on Tecontrol BBC2 (breath controller)

Hi guys. I recently tried the SWAM sax at a friend's house and I brought my BBC2 to try it. It was a great experience, but if I wasn't blowing on the breath controller and pressed a key, sound would come out of it. I have the trumpet from Sample Modeling and it doesn't have the same issue. Sound only comes out when you blow, even if you're pressing the keys.

I really want this sax to be able to do this thing since there aren't really any other quality options out there for saxophones.

Thank you!

Hi guys. I recently tried the SWAM sax at a friend's house and I brought my BBC2 to try it. It was a great experience, but if I wasn't blowing on the breath controller and pressed a key, sound would come out of it. I have the trumpet from Sample Modeling and it doesn't have the same issue. Sound only comes out when you blow, even if you're pressing the keys. I really want this sax to be able to do this thing since there aren't really any other quality options out there for saxophones. Thank you!
edited Nov 25 '19 at 12:42 pm

The SWAM woodwinds include different presets for keyboard vs. breath/wind controllers. (See Page 7 of the SWAM Woodwinds User Manual.)

When set to the breath controller preset, pressing the keys will not produce any sound without blowing into the breath controller.

The SWAM woodwinds include different presets for keyboard vs. breath/wind controllers. (See **Page 7** of the [SWAM Woodwinds User Manual](https://support.audiomodeling.com/guides/winds290/SWAM%20Woodwinds%20v2.9.0%20-%20User%20Manual.pdf).) When set to the breath controller preset, pressing the keys will not produce any sound without blowing into the breath controller.

I have no such problem with the SAWM Flute and the BBCv2.
-Michael

I have no such problem with the SAWM Flute and the BBCv2. -Michael
edited Nov 26 '19 at 6:59 am

@jabonkagigi start from the Default Breath Controller preset.

The feature you are mentioning is controlled by the parameter called "Expr. Trigger Mode". For Breath Controllers that parameter should be set to "Normal" or "Fast".

BTW: happy that playing SWAM was a great experience!

@jabonkagigi start from the Default Breath Controller preset. The feature you are mentioning is controlled by the parameter called "Expr. Trigger Mode". For Breath Controllers that parameter should be set to "Normal" or "Fast". BTW: happy that playing SWAM was a great experience!

@jabonkagigi: did you use the utility that comes with the TEC BBCv2 to tweak the pressure (and Bite, and Nod, and Tilt) to Midi curves ?
-Michael

@jabonkagigi: did you use the utility that comes with the TEC BBCv2 to tweak the pressure (and Bite, and Nod, and Tilt) to Midi curves ? -Michael
edited Dec 6 '19 at 5:36 am
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft