Setup tips & FAQs
What is the

DAW: Cubase 9.5 Win64
Controller: ROLI Seaboard RISE 49
Windows

Pre-purchase question:

What “player” or synth do the SWAM instruments require? I can’t find anything about this on the website.

In other words, when creating a track in Cubase, what do I invoke to reach the SWAM engine? ( I am hoping the answer will be ‘The SWAM engine will appear in Cubase’s list of synths’)

Thanks,

.:::::Opera :::::.

DAW: Cubase 9.5 Win64 Controller: ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 Windows Pre-purchase question: What “player” or synth do the SWAM instruments require? I can’t find anything about this on the website. In other words, when creating a track in Cubase, what do I invoke to reach the SWAM engine? ( I am hoping the answer will be ‘The SWAM engine will appear in Cubase’s list of synths’) Thanks, .:::::Opera :::::.
edited Sep 16 '18 at 6:07 pm

Exactly this. The Swam instruments are self contained plugins.

-Michael

Exactly this. The Swam instruments are self contained plugins. -Michael

Yes, I dug a little deeper and educated myself on the relationship between Cubase and plugins, bypassing the "player" such as Halion or Kontact. Plus, I received an email directly from AM support on this subject. So, thanks all.

Yes, I dug a little deeper and educated myself on the relationship between Cubase and plugins, bypassing the "player" such as Halion or Kontact. Plus, I received an email directly from AM support on this subject. So, thanks all.

I take the chance to inform all members that we have a valuable Support Center with a rich Knowledgebase and a lot of FAQs: https://support.audiomodeling.com/kb (you can also find the link under "Resources" on top of this Community site).
There is info about licensing, compatibility, release notes, known issues, and so on.

I take the chance to inform all members that we have a valuable Support Center with a rich Knowledgebase and a lot of FAQs: https://support.audiomodeling.com/kb (you can also find the link under "Resources" on top of this Community site). There is info about licensing, compatibility, release notes, known issues, and so on.

In Cubase, I suppose you know how to add a track.
When you select to add a track you can choose different types, one of them being "Instrument Track."
That will open a dialogue allowing you to select which VST instrument you want this track to play.
Select SWAM and then the instrument if you have more then one SWAM instrument.
Cubase will load the instrument and it will be SWAM Default, until you go to the SWAM window and change it by selecting one of the included presets.
I am sorry, I do not know much about Roli so I don't know which preset would work better.
You can eventually change parameters and save your own preset.
Once you save the Cubase project, when you open it again, it will remember which preset you selected for this project.
Now in the Inspector you have to select Roli as the Midi Input. SWAM will be the output by default.
Hope that helps.
I use Cubase and control SWAM with the EWI 4000S. Many people use a regular Midi keyboard that also has an input for a breath controller.
I do not know the implementation for Roli but apparently Audio Modeling is collaborating with them so it may work great without addition controllers.

All the best
Juan

In Cubase, I suppose you know how to add a track. When you select to add a track you can choose different types, one of them being "Instrument Track." That will open a dialogue allowing you to select which VST instrument you want this track to play. Select SWAM and then the instrument if you have more then one SWAM instrument. Cubase will load the instrument and it will be SWAM Default, until you go to the SWAM window and change it by selecting one of the included presets. I am sorry, I do not know much about Roli so I don't know which preset would work better. You can eventually change parameters and save your own preset. Once you save the Cubase project, when you open it again, it will remember which preset you selected for this project. Now in the Inspector you have to select Roli as the Midi Input. SWAM will be the output by default. Hope that helps. I use Cubase and control SWAM with the EWI 4000S. Many people use a regular Midi keyboard that also has an input for a breath controller. I do not know the implementation for Roli but apparently Audio Modeling is collaborating with them so it may work great without addition controllers. All the best Juan
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft