Camelot
Program numbers

Hi Cameloters,

it would be nice, if one could assign fix program numbers to songs. I use Bandhelper as Remote for camelot, cause it adds many helpful features for band purposes.
Via Midi I select a song in the Camelot setlist. The song
calls my layers of Keyboards I need.
Only problem occurs If I remove a song or change the order of the Camelot Setlist. It would be much more comfortable, if the song number would be fix and independent from the order in the Setlist.

Greets and thx for the good work
Wilhelm

Hi Cameloters, it would be nice, if one could assign fix program numbers to songs. I use Bandhelper as Remote for camelot, cause it adds many helpful features for band purposes. Via Midi I select a song in the Camelot setlist. The song calls my layers of Keyboards I need. Only problem occurs If I remove a song or change the order of the Camelot Setlist. It would be much more comfortable, if the song number would be fix and independent from the order in the Setlist. Greets and thx for the good work Wilhelm

Hi @Wilhelm,

thanks for your request.

The assignment of fixed program number is in our plan, but that must be done at Song Archive level, not at Setlist level, as the same Song can be referenced in one or more Setlists.

There is only one issue to be solved: a Song can be added TWICE OR MORE in a Setlist! Think about an "encore" at the end of the concert. If a Song has a fixed program, there cannot be two Songs with the same program number in a given Setlist...

Best!

Hi @Wilhelm, thanks for your request. The assignment of fixed program number is in our plan, but that must be done at Song Archive level, not at Setlist level, as the same Song can be referenced in one or more Setlists. There is only one issue to be solved: a Song can be added TWICE OR MORE in a Setlist! Think about an "encore" at the end of the concert. If a Song has a fixed program, there cannot be two Songs with the same program number in a given Setlist... Best!

Hi admin,
thx for the reply. To use archive is a good point. that means songs have to be created in the archive and get a fixed song number and then placed in a setlist where they need an additional order number. Via midi you use the song number to refer from external setlists as from kronos or bandhelper

Cause chrismas is near, I have more wishes ;-)

1. Do you plan to have editable textfiles as attachment?

2. I have different midi environments for Home and live playing. (iconnectmidi 4 and iconnectmidi 2) sometimes i use usb midi too. When I change the location I have to reset all connections in the setup and also reconnect the instruments. Fortunately that has to be done only in one song. It would be good to have fixed midi settings to cover different setups.

Greets
Wilhelm

Hi admin, thx for the reply. To use archive is a good point. that means songs have to be created in the archive and get a fixed song number and then placed in a setlist where they need an additional order number. Via midi you use the song number to refer from external setlists as from kronos or bandhelper Cause chrismas is near, I have more wishes ;-) 1. Do you plan to have editable textfiles as attachment? 2. I have different midi environments for Home and live playing. (iconnectmidi 4 and iconnectmidi 2) sometimes i use usb midi too. When I change the location I have to reset all connections in the setup and also reconnect the instruments. Fortunately that has to be done only in one song. It would be good to have fixed midi settings to cover different setups. Greets Wilhelm

@Wilhelm

1- currently, you can do that creating an Annotation Board and adding Notes (botto-right icon). We will certainly improve it

2- as for MIDI sources (i.e. input on layers), you can leave both connections on it. When you use "iconnectimidi 4", the "iconnectimidi 2" will be displayed red (disconnected) and vice-versa.

As for MIDI generators (i.e. Items), you cannot have multiple connections at the same time.

If you want to keep two different scenarios at the same time, I suggest to duplicate all the Songs where you need the two different scenarios.

@Wilhelm 1- currently, you can do that creating an Annotation Board and adding Notes (botto-right icon). We will certainly improve it 2- as for MIDI sources (i.e. input on layers), you can leave both connections on it. When you use "iconnectimidi 4", the "iconnectimidi 2" will be displayed red (disconnected) and vice-versa. As for MIDI generators (i.e. Items), you cannot have multiple connections at the same time. If you want to keep two different scenarios at the same time, I suggest to duplicate all the Songs where you need the two different scenarios.
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft