Setup tips & FAQs
Audio Modeling, Divisimate and Ensembles

I received notice by mail that Audio Modeling and Nextmidi are partnering. I have not tried big band ensembles with Audio Modeling (waiting for brass) but have read that a major problem with physical modeling of ensembles was phase effects.
I have not seen any mention of this on nextmidi's site so I have 2 questions:
1) Does Divisimate address this problem ?
2) Will Nexmidi / Divisimate contribute to (be part of or replace) the future Audio Modeling ensembles (or Camelot) ?

Cheers, and congratulations for a fantastic job.

I received notice by mail that Audio Modeling and Nextmidi are partnering. I have not tried big band ensembles with Audio Modeling (waiting for brass) but have read that a major problem with physical modeling of ensembles was phase effects. I have not seen any mention of this on nextmidi's site so I have 2 questions: 1) Does Divisimate address this problem ? 2) Will Nexmidi / Divisimate contribute to (be part of or replace) the future Audio Modeling ensembles (or Camelot) ? Cheers, and congratulations for a fantastic job.

Interesting !
Seems Divisimate is a pure Midi filter of some kind.
They say

Divisimate is a standalone application for Mac and PC and is designed to work alongside the DAW of your choice.

So it's not a (VST) plugin ?
OK, you could route Midi out and back in from/to your DAW, but a plugin to me seems more appropriate. (In fact I think such an engine would be doable by Reaper JSFX programming - not meaning that the functionality of Divisimate would not be decently sophisticated.)
Maybe Divisimate can do something about audio problems (such as the phasing you mention) if it not only handles the "Notes" (as it obviously does), but additionally creates "humanized" CC modulations for the Parameters of the instruments it targets. But they say:

Midi CCs will be mirrored to all active ports.

In fact I did a JSFX plugin that does such humanization, but it's not tested for the purpose of working with SWAM, yet. See another thread here ("Roadmap" thread, post Jan 4 2020).
-Michael

Interesting ! Seems Divisimate is a pure Midi filter of some kind. They say > Divisimate is a standalone application for Mac and PC and is designed to work alongside the DAW of your choice. So it's not a (VST) plugin ? OK, you could route Midi out and back in from/to your DAW, but a plugin to me seems more appropriate. (In fact I think such an engine would be doable by Reaper JSFX programming - not meaning that the functionality of Divisimate would not be decently sophisticated.) Maybe Divisimate can do something about audio problems (such as the phasing you mention) if it not only handles the "Notes" (as it obviously does), but additionally creates "humanized" CC modulations for the Parameters of the instruments it targets. But they say: > Midi CCs will be mirrored to all active ports. In fact I did a JSFX plugin that does such humanization, but it's not tested for the purpose of working with SWAM, yet. See another thread here ("Roadmap" thread, post Jan 4 2020). -Michael
edited Jan 20 at 6:24 am
live preview
enter atleast 1 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft